Report Designer reccomendation needed....
Author Message
 Report Designer reccomendation needed....

Im working on Delphi3 set of apps and need to produce considerable number of
reports. Database is currently Access, but in the future there will be
Oracle personal and/or Oracle enterprise (with or without BDE im not sure
yet).

Major report writer requirement is that report layouts should be accesible
outside dephi created exe, allowing on-site or remote report modifications
which should be carried out outside delphi IDE.
Second important requirement is that it should be possible to use run time
parametrized query as datasource for report (parameters should be result of
user actions on one or several app forms at runtime).
Third, it should be possible to work without BDE.
At last, it should have possibility to display graphic images, and have all
standard expression / band / grouping / conditional print capabilities.

Any reccomendation is welcome. TIA

Andrej Simunic
Manager - Software Department
Storm Computers

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Report Designer reccomendation needed....
I recommend Seagate Software's Crystal Reports. I think they have an
evaluation version, but I may be wrong.  They have great tech support,
and sophisticated capabilities, including exporting reports to numerous
popular file formats! For an end-user to modify reports, they must
shell-out ~$200, though. The Delphi VCL component is easy to use, and
very flexible.

http://www.seagatesoftware.com/crystalreports

David Goncalves

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Report Designer reccomendation needed....
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:57:52 +0100, "Andrej Simunic"

Hi Andrej

I recommend QuickReports. It pure VCL, uses BDE, very flexible (source
code), not too expensive, and has a runtime editor too (or you can
build better one).

See more http://www.qusoft.com

Mechaul Oy - Ohjelmistotuotteet
Janne Timmerbacka
Easy Contact - tuotep??llikk?

gsm     040-5525448

www     http://www.mechaul.com/ohjelmat/

Tehdaskyl?nkatu 7
11711 RIIHIM?KI
vaihde 019-733446

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. I need to create a report designer. (like List&Label)

2. Looking for affordable database designer

3. Database Designer

4. Looking for QReport designer!

5. Looking for QReport designer

6. Making designer

7. Bug using DBGrid w/ Menu Designer?

8. Er-Designer 2.0

9. LOOKING FOR Form Designer/Printer

10. Problem with Menu Designer

11. Urgent Help Needed on Reporting

12. Need help on a report-problem, pleeease