Delphi on NT -> Sybase
Author Message
 Delphi on NT -> Sybase

        Can someone give me a little help on trying to get delphi to connect
to a Sybase server?  I'm running Delphi on NT 3.51 and am unable to connect to
our Sybase Server.  I have the Sybase tools installed on NT and I know they
work (works in PowerBuilder).  Whenever I try to connect through Delphi or the
DBD I get an error saying that the database can't be found or doesn't exist.

        Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

                        Tony Frey

Tue, 19 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi on NT -> Sybase

        Can someone give me a little help on trying to get Delphi to connect
to a Sybase server?  I'm running Delphi on NT 3.51 and am unable to connect to
our Sybase Server.  I have the Sybase tools installed on NT and I know they
work (works in PowerBuilder).  Whenever I try to connect through Delphi or the
DBD I get an error saying that the database can't be found or doesn't exist.

        Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

                        Tony Frey

Tue, 19 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi on NT -> Sybase

Quote:

>    Can someone give me a little help on trying to get Delphi to connect
>to a Sybase server?  I'm running Delphi on NT 3.51 and am unable to connect to
>our Sybase Server.  I have the Sybase tools installed on NT and I know they
>work (works in PowerBuilder).  Whenever I try to connect through Delphi or the
>DBD I get an error saying that the database can't be found or doesn't exist.
>    Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.
>                    Tony Frey

We've got the same problem at the start of our development and I
solved it by assigning the right path in the associated alias.

"\\NT_Server_Name\pipe\sql10\query"

Ciao Mike

Mon, 01 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi>>>>>>>

2. DELPHI 16 to SYBASE on an NT Server with client and server on same machine

3. MIT s/w guru seeks offsite work - C++/Delphi/SQL/Sybase DBA/Unix/NT/CTI/Internet

4. MIT s/w guru seeks offsite work - C++/Delphi/SQL/Sybase DBA/Unix/NT/CTI/Internet

5. MIT s/w guru seeks offsite work - C++/Delphi/SQL/Sybase DBA/Unix/NT/CTI/Internet

6. D3/Sybase->via ODBC->Hangs PC on Exit

7. Delphi -> Sybase locking

8. Delphi->Sybase, dbo.Table problem

9. IIS->ISAPI->Delphi DLL->BDE->Paradox

10. DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

11. Sybase 11 NT server becoming unresponsive

12. Sybase, NT and open client