Finding Info from a Database.
Author Message
 Finding Info from a Database.

I am hoping that someone can help me..

I have a Paradox table that I am just testing with, with only one
column in it that has multiple records with lines  of text as a
TDMemo.  What I am trying to do is to search for a string within each
record and then showing the record that has the string.

I have tried everything that I can find in the manuals and the online
help, but the closest that I can come up with is this....

with table1 do
        table1.setkey;
        table1.fieldbyname('whatever').AsString := edit1.text;
        table1 gotokey;

This all compiles OK and runs, but what happens then I have no idea.
If I type a string like 'help' then it goes to the bottom of the table
with no result.  If I type 'Help' it will go to the first record with
a capital 'H' as the first letter.  Case does seem to matter as if I
do this with a 'h' then it goes to the bottom again.

What I would like to happen is that when you type 'help' HELP' or any
combination of upper and lower case, that it goes to a record with
'help' in it.

I have been looking and trying this now for aver a week without any
success.  I know that the column is indexed but just can not get it to
find the full string that I want it to....  Please help !

Ken..

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP : Can't find DAO licence info

2. find info about connect delphi to SQL server

3. Newbie Looking for info on D2 Database development

4. Programming a database, any info?

5. Database Info at Runtime

6. Displaying database info in a string grid

7. reading struc-info of a DBaseIII+ database

8. Getting (Access) database info.

9. Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

10. Database file format info.

11. Delphi Database Development (Book) Info

12. Info su Advantage Database Server