Merging the configuration file failed
Author Message
 Merging the configuration file failed

When I try to install my application on a machine with no preexisting BDE I
get the message "Merging the configuration file adapi32.cfg has failed."  I
have Install shield express version 1.11  Can anyone tell me if there is a
way around this problem.  Thank you.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Merging the configuration file failed

Quote:
>When I try to install my application on a machine with no preexisting BDE I
>get the message "Merging the configuration file adapi32.cfg has failed."  I
>have Install shield express version 1.11  Can anyone tell me if there is a
>way around this problem.  Thank you.

I am getting the following message too : "Merging the configuration
file idapi32.cnf has failed."

Saludos, Andres Valverde

http://www.ectool.nu

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Merging the configuration file failed
In my experiance it sometimes goes wrong when having several different
versions of the bde installed. One solution might be installing the newest
version of the bde (download from inprise) after deleting the old
version(s), another is not to let install shield install the alias. (you can
install the (full) bde, in fact you should). The Bde setup should be done
manually.

Regards
 Albert Drent

Quote:
>When I try to install my application on a machine with no preexisting BDE I
>get the message "Merging the configuration file adapi32.cfg has failed."  I
>have Install shield express version 1.11  Can anyone tell me if there is a
>way around this problem.  Thank you.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Merging BDE configurations

2. merging BDE-configurations

3. BDE merge fails on Delphi4 install

4. Merging paradox files with MS Office 97

5. How does one merge 2 different files?

6. How to merge a bunch of files?

7. BDE5 and ISX1.0 Anyone have a fix for "Configuration file has failed" error?

8. BDE configuration file questions

9. Turbo Pascal 7.0 editor color configurations file

10. Cannot find Engine configuration file

11. Mail Merge

12. "merging" several databases