UpDown Component with TDBEdit component
Author Message
 UpDown Component with TDBEdit component

I am trying to associate an UpDown component with a TDBEdit data
control which is linked to a Paradox Numeric field but delphi will not
allow the association. I also tried using a Paradox Text and it still
won't do it. Can anyone help.... Can you actually do this ? Is there a
work around ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 UpDown Component with TDBEdit component

Quote:
>I am trying to associate an UpDown component with a TDBEdit data
>control which is linked to a Paradox Numeric field but Delphi will not
>allow the association. I also tried using a Paradox Text and it still
>won't do it. Can anyone help.... Can you actually do this ? Is there a
>work around ?

I assume you mean TDBEdit and TDBMemo.

The VCL has code in the SetAssociate method of TUpDown to specifically
prevent itself from being associated with TDBEdit and TDBMemo.
Creating descendants of TDBEdit and TDBMemo will not work since the
code traverses the inheritance tree.  I believe the problem relates to
problems updating the datalink of a DBcontrol would require a data
aware TUpDown control.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. UpDown component for TDBedit?

2. TDBEdit Component

3. Q: Freeing TDBEdit component when database event occurs...

4. Creating a component from TDBEdit and TDateField

5. Component Authors: We want your components!

6. Component Within a Component Event Problem

7. Component Within Component Problem

8. How to set DBSpinEdit or UpDown increment := 0.25

9. UpDown won't associate with DBEdit

10. Estack overflow error - ADO components - Delphi 6 indy & ADO components - win98

11. DB components

12. ew Shareware PDF Creation Component DCU Native for Delphi 3-4-5-6