Urgent - Does anyone know?
Author Message
 Urgent - Does anyone know?

Urgent help needed. If the following phrase means anything to you, I'd
appreciate any insight you might offer: "communicate to DB2 files
residing on an AS400 using DRDA"
First, whats DRDA?
Second can delphi be used to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Bo.

Thu, 21 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent - Does anyone know?

Quote:

>Urgent help needed. If the following phrase means anything to you, I'd
>appreciate any insight you might offer: "communicate to DB2 files
>residing on an AS400 using DRDA"
>First, whats DRDA?

Distributed Relational Database Architecture.  All I know about
it is that it's a layer over APPC.  I think it can be used to
communicate with DB2 files on the PC, as well.  I attended a
lecture (snore) on it a couple of years ago at an OS/2 user's
group at IBM, but my notes are undecipherable.  However,
the person to talk to (at that time) was:
Frank Martin
IBM Chicago, 312.245.5142

Quote:
>Second can delphi be used to solve this problem?

I _think_ you need DDCS (Distributed Database Connection
Services) running under OS/2 on the PC, but that's just
a guess based upon one of my cryptic notes from the lecture.
DDCS appears to communicate with DOS, OS/2 and Windoz programs.
If DDCS was running on a lan server under OS/2, you
should be able to use Delphi on a Windoz-based PC to talk
to an AS/400 through it.

By the way, there are plenty of ways to move data between
a PC and an AS/400.  DRDA appears to be transaction-
oriented, with commitment control & security features,
but it seems to be DB2-only.

Quote:
>Thanks in advance.
>Bo.

Hope this didn't confuse things.
-George Smith

Sat, 23 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Anyone know a better way of doing this?

2. Anyone know a better way of doing this?

3. help I need to know whether this can be done

4. Anyone done D2->ODBC->Personal Oracle?

5. Anyone doing 3-tier (n-tier) Client Server???

6. Anyone done D2->ODBC->Personal Oracle?

7. D3/BDE multi-threaded apps : Anyone done it ?

8. do anyone have a program for doing anagrams

9. Doing ODBC without BDE: Anyone Interested???

10. Subclassing TDataSet in D3 - anyone done it?

11. Anyone know of good freeware code for Ascii Text Import

12. Query problem: does anyone know?