QuickReports Master Detail Report
Author Message
 QuickReports Master Detail Report

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to create a master and detail report based on a TQuery
component using Quick Reports.
Basically, I have 1 query with the following persistent fields:

-----------------
Supplier Number
Stock Code
Quantity Ordered
Stock Level
-----------------

These fields are taken from 3 different tables using the TQuery
component I mentioned earlier.
What I need in this report is to have a master detail relationship where
I can group my report in the following manner, for example:

Supplier Number:  A01
-----------------
Stock Code:  Nails                Quantity Ordered:  50
Stock Level:  100
Stock Code:  Hammer           Quantity Ordered: 10                 Stock
Level:  20

Supplier Number:  A02
-------------------
Stock Code:  Saw                   Quantity Ordered:  20
Stock Level:  400
Stock Code:  2-BY-4             Quantity Ordered:  5
Stock Level:  20

I tried using the QRGroup component, but the documentation and example
is simply too sparse for me to work on.  Is there anyone who can help?

Thanks!
Ang Yuit

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 QuickReports Master Detail Report

First, you are confusing what a master-detail report is with a group
oriented report.  A master-detail report uses more than one datasource -
this is not the case.  Here there is one datasource and you just want the
data grouped on one field.

Use the TQRGroup component, set the Datasource to the datasource stemming
from your query and the field to Supplier Number.  Create a group header
band containing the Supplier Number field and set the TQRGroup's Header
Field property to that band.  The other fields should remain in the Detail
band.

hth

/js

writes:

Quote:
>Hi Everyone!

>I am trying to create a master and detail report based on a TQuery
>component using Quick Reports.
>Basically, I have 1 query with the following persistent fields:

>-----------------
>Supplier Number
>Stock Code
>Quantity Ordered
>Stock Level
>-----------------

>These fields are taken from 3 different tables using the TQuery
>component I mentioned earlier.
>What I need in this report is to have a master detail relationship where
>I can group my report in the following manner, for example:

>Supplier Number:  A01
>-----------------
>Stock Code:  Nails                Quantity Ordered:  50
>Stock Level:  100
>Stock Code:  Hammer           Quantity Ordered: 10                 Stock
>Level:  20

>Supplier Number:  A02
>-------------------
>Stock Code:  Saw                   Quantity Ordered:  20
>Stock Level:  400
>Stock Code:  2-BY-4             Quantity Ordered:  5
>Stock Level:  20

>I tried using the QRGroup component, but the documentation and example
>is simply too sparse for me to work on.  Is there anyone who can help?

>Thanks!
>Ang Yuit

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report

2. Passing Report Variables from the Master to Detail Reports

3. Report Smith Bugs (master/detail reports)

4. Master-detail problem in QuickReport

5. QUickreport Master/detail/subdetail

6. QuickReport: Multiple master-detail

7. ReportSmith - Master/Detail Report

8. Master/Detail Report

9. Help with master/detail report

10. ReportSmith 3.0 Master/Detail Reports

11. ReportSmith Master/Detail Reports

12. QuickReport Master/Detail reps with Details on the same page of the Master?