DAO (ACCESS) & DELPHI 3 distribution list
Author Message
 DAO (ACCESS) & DELPHI 3 distribution list

|> Does anyone have a definitive list of the files that need to be
|> distributed. I have been including the following on distribution
|disks-
|>
|> DAO3032.dll     DAO version 3.0
|> MSJT3032.dll    Microsoft Jet engine version 3.0
|> MSJTER32.dll    Microsoft Jet error messages
\> MSJINT32.dll    Localized Microsoft Jet error messages
|> VBAJET32.dll    VBA-Jet expression service
|> VBAR2232.dll    VBA Runtime
|> VEN2232.olb     VBA localized messages (English)
|> MSVCRT20.dll    C runtime dll, used by Jet and DAO
|>
|> However, it has been suggested to me that only need to be distributed
|when
|> using BDE based applications:
|>
|> DAO3032.dll     DAO version 3.0
|> MSJT3032.dll    Microsoft Jet engine version 3.0
|>
|> Thanks in advance,
|>
|> --
|> Pierre du Parte
|> Final Filer Software
|> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pdp

DA03032.dll is the only one you have to distributed and don't forget
about the reg. key if access has never been loaded on the machine,
pointing to the location of this file.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
[...]

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pdp

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DAO (ACCESS) & DELPHI 3 distribution list

I was under the impression that redistribution of DAO required a
separate license from Microsoft?  In other words, use of the BDE native
MS Access driver in no way implied the right to distribute DAO.  Your
users either have to have MS Access (or something else that conveys a
license for DAO) or a separate license for DAO from MS.  Is this
incorrect?

Ray

Quote:

> |> Does anyone have a definitive list of the files that need to be
> |> distributed. I have been including the following on distribution
> |disks-
> |>
> |> DAO3032.dll     DAO version 3.0
> |> MSJT3032.dll    Microsoft Jet engine version 3.0
> |> MSJTER32.dll    Microsoft Jet error messages
> \> MSJINT32.dll    Localized Microsoft Jet error messages
> |> VBAJET32.dll    VBA-Jet expression service
> |> VBAR2232.dll    VBA Runtime
> |> VEN2232.olb     VBA localized messages (English)
> |> MSVCRT20.dll    C runtime dll, used by Jet and DAO
> |>
> |> However, it has been suggested to me that only need to be distributed
> |when
> |> using BDE based applications:
> |>
> |> DAO3032.dll     DAO version 3.0
> |> MSJT3032.dll    Microsoft Jet engine version 3.0
> |>
> |> Thanks in advance,
> |>
> |> --
> |> Pierre du Parte
> |> Final Filer Software
> |> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pdp

> DA03032.dll is the only one you have to distributed and don't forget
> about the reg. key if access has never been loaded on the machine,
> pointing to the location of this file.

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878

Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DAO (ACCESS) & DELPHI 3 distribution list

You are correct- one needs that MS-LICENCE.  We have VB and the OFFICE
DEVELOPMENT KIT. This entitles us to distribute the files I listed in my
original posting. I also believe that this implies we can distribute the
files with a DELPHI application. In any case, if that is not so we would
simply prepare a 'dummy, do nothing' VB application  that the customer
could install before installing the main (DELPHI) application.

However, this still doesn't answer the original question- what files does
the BDE actually require to access ACCESS?

Pierre

--
Pierre du Parte
Final Filer Software

Quote:
> I was under the impression that redistribution of DAO required a
> separate license from Microsoft?  In other words, use of the BDE native
> MS Access driver in no way implied the right to distribute DAO.  Your
> users either have to have MS Access (or something else that conveys a
> license for DAO) or a separate license for DAO from MS.  Is this
> incorrect?

> Ray

> > |disks-

> > \> MSJINT32.dll    Localized Microsoft Jet error messages

> > |when

> > DA03032.dll is the only one you have to distributed and don't forget
> > about the reg. key if access has never been loaded on the machine,
> > pointing to the location of this file.

> --
> Ray Porter
> Applications Analyst Programmer
> Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> Phone: 966-5878

> Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

> "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
> for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 & DAO Files

2. Delphi & MSAccess runtime distribution

3. Delphi & DAO (Yes, microsoft *s*)

4. DAO - distributing Delphi 4 application with DAO

5. Use Delphi to Access via DAO 2516.dll

6. Delphi 3.0, Access 97, DAO 3.0/3.5

7. DAO access with Delphi 2.0

8. Exist some distribution list?

9. List of Access-tablenames in Delphi

10. Distribution of Access Database problem

11. DAO/Access SQL

12. DAO Access Violation using threaded TQuery