Auto-increment fields
Author Message
 Auto-increment fields

Help! Any records that I create using the client-half of my client/server
database don't increment their auto-increment fields! This creates key
violations as the field in question is the primary key. What's going on?

Thanks,

Tim.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto-increment fields
Please let us know what database you are using. It could be useful to
understand your problem.

--
Christophe Dary

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/1623/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto-increment fields
Probably your records are not directly written to the database but stay
inside the cache instead. Are you using cached updates ?

--
Christophe Dary

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/1623/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Auto-increment fields
I have seen the same problem when using an MS Access database via an ODBC
connection (Delphi 4, MS Access ODBC driver 3.50.342800).  I eventually set
the autoinc field value in my Delphi code by treating it as a normal field
and setting its value to 1 greater than the current max value, though this
is not a good idea in a multi user environment as you will have errors if
two users try to append a field at the same time.

Regards
Dave Stubbington.

Quote:

>Help! Any records that I create using the client-half of my client/server
>database don't increment their auto-increment fields! This creates key
>violations as the field in question is the primary key. What's going on?

>Thanks,

>Tim.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Auto increment field

2. Master-detail and auto-increment fields

3. Need help defining auto-incrementing field using TTable.Create

4. Auto Increment Fields and Master Details Relationship

5. Question about auto increment field

6. Delphi 2 SQL Server 6 problem with identifier (auto-increment) fields

7. Auto-increment fields - Should I Use Them?

8. Obtaining value of Paradox's Auto-Incremented Field Type

9. How to reset auto- increment Fields

10. Delphi3-auto-increment fields

11. Auto-increment field copy

12. Q: Are Paradox auto-increment fields safe?