HOW Do I Make Copy Of The Database Structure
Author Message
 HOW Do I Make Copy Of The Database Structure

How do I  make a copy of the structure of my database and not
the data.  The database is one Visual DBase 7.0 table with multiple
indices.

Thanks for your help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HOW Do I Make Copy Of The Database Structure

Hi,

The most easy way to do this is (I think) copying the whole
database (with data) and after that cleaning it with SQL.

 Marinus den Breejen

 Remove ANTISPAM from my email address to mail me.

 It is a simple task to make things complex,
 but a complex task to make them simple
 come to my (dutch only) 3d home(page):
http://come.to/breejen

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HOW Do I Make Copy Of The Database Structure

Hi,

Try the following please,

tblSource.Active := true;           // open the source
tblDestination.Exclusive := true;   // Is a good practice
tblDestination.FieldDefs.Assign(tblSource.FieldDefs);    // copy
tblDestination.IndexDefs.Assign(tblSource.IndexDefs);
tblDestination.CreateTable;

Here, you will get tblDestination to have both the table structure plus the

HTH.
--

==| Alex |==

Quote:
>How do I  make a copy of the structure of my database and not
>the data.  The database is one Visual DBase 7.0 table with multiple
>indices.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Copy Table Structure

2. Copy Structure

3. Copy a DBASE structure

4. Copy DBASE-structure

5. Copying a Record Structure.

6. DBase copy structure.

7. Doing a search in a one to many database

8. Doing Math with the Database

9. Help doing database stuff with Delphi

10. which database makes *.dta files?

11. Making Database Multi-User

12. Making a database work?