TDBGrid vs Oracle
Author Message
 TDBGrid vs Oracle

Hi all!!

Im using version 8.1.5.0.0 of Personal Oracle, and D4 on Win 98, but for
some reasons I just cant insert records or update fields in the database
which contains numbers..
If i just create a new project, add a TTable, a TDatasource and a TDBGrid or
TDBEdit and connects them to the datasource (ODBC), fetching data works
fine. I can also edit string fields and post the changes to the DB, but when
I change a field defined as number, or insert a new record ,  I get a
"invalid number" error when posting the changes.

If I add a TQuery which runs an insert like this:
    insert into Anlegg (Id, name) values (1, 'Name of Anlegg')
everything works fine, and the record is inserted, but I cant seem to get
the dataaware controls to work... Can someone please help me ??

I have to mention that these data-controls works perfectly with an Interbase
DB, but now I have to convert my application to an Oracle DB.
I have tried to define the querys/tables with and without persistant
columns/variables, changed requestlive on/off, redefined colums, tried lots
of different values in the numeric fields, changing already stored numbers,
checked the ODBC-connection, and dowloaded a newer ODBC-driver, but nothing
seems to help..

If I haven't supplied enough information, please let me know..

I hope someone can help me with this problem..

Thanx in advance

-=Staale=-

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:47:23 GMT
 TDBGrid vs Oracle
Quote:
> Im using version 8.1.5.0.0 of Personal Oracle, and D4 on Win 98, but for
> some reasons I just cant insert records or update fields in the database
> which contains numbers..
> If i just create a new project, add a TTable, a TDatasource and a TDBGrid
or
> TDBEdit and connects them to the datasource (ODBC), fetching data works
> fine. I can also edit string fields and post the changes to the DB, but
when
> I change a field defined as number, or insert a new record ,  I get a
> "invalid number" error when posting the changes.

Use Tquery and TUpdateSql + Cache instead of TTable.

Regards

Nicolas

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:46:59 GMT

1. Personal Oracle 7 vs Paradox 7 vs Local Interbase

2. TTable vs TQuery vs TwwQuery vs TwwTable - SPEED

3. Problem with RecordCount and TDbGrid, TTable and Oracle 7.3

4. Delphi 1.0 + Oracle 7.x w/Query + TDBGrid

5. Delphi vs Oracle.

6. Delphi vs Oracle 7.1

7. Delphi 1 vs. Oracle (Network error)

8. Delphi 1 vs. Oracle 7

9. Interbase vs Oracle

10. Delphi/Oracle 7.1 - ODBC vs SQL Links

11. Delphi 1.0 Oracle queries: SQL Links vs ODBC?

12. Delphi vs Oracle 2000 ??