HELP! ODBC Misconfiguration, but how???
Author Message
 HELP! ODBC Misconfiguration, but how???

Hello All,

I have a very, very simple delphi application to query a MS-SQL Server
across ODBC.  With a Delphi Debug session, it works flawlessly.  Without it
(during runtime) it fails with a log message:

4/21/98 12:58:37 PM,  307 : Unhandled exception : General SQL error.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).
Alias: NCIC

In a fit of desperation, I made the whole machine with full control by all
users.

On another server (both are IIS), it works flawlessly during runtime.
What am I doing wrong???

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP! ODBC Misconfiguration, but how???

Quote:

> 4/21/98 12:58:37 PM,  307 : Unhandled exception : General SQL error.
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen
(CreateFile()).
> Alias: NCIC

I find this error occurring when some idiot user attempts to start the same
app twice on the same PC.

- Graeme Vincent

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP! ODBC Misconfiguration, but how???

Quote:

>> 4/21/98 12:58:37 PM,  307 : Unhandled exception : General SQL error.
>> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen
>(CreateFile()).
>> Alias: NCIC

>I find this error occurring when some idiot user attempts to start the same
>app twice on the same PC.

>- Graeme Vincent

I checked this possibility-- it is not the case.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP! ODBC Misconfiguration, but how???

Quote:
> I have a very, very simple Delphi application to query a MS-SQL Server
> across ODBC.  With a Delphi Debug session, it works flawlessly.  Without it
> (during runtime) it fails with a log message:

> 4/21/98 12:58:37 PM,  307 : Unhandled exception : General SQL error.
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNMPNTW]ConnectionOpen (CreateFile()).
> Alias: NCIC

Do you have the latest version of the BDE?  Always a good start for
problems like these.

Oliver

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC (help) : bde 4.51, odbc 3.5, D3, Sql 6.5

2. MDB without ODBC?? Help Help Help

3. C++ builder / intrabuilder / ODBC 32 bits / ODBC 16 bits

4. Creating ODBC datasource with ODBC sdk

5. App is looking for ODBC but ODBC not used

6. ODBC - Using 16bit ODBC with Delphi 3

7. Interbase ODBC Driver that Works with ODBC Administrator v.3.0

8. ODBC - problem adding new odbc drivers

9. BDE and ODBC - how to install - "AUTO ODBC"-switch in BDECONFIG

10. Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files

11. Help on use ODBC API calls

12. ODBC SpeedUP - HELP!