Access Violation with TQuery as both Master/Detail: problem resolved
Author Message
 Access Violation with TQuery as both Master/Detail: problem resolved

I tried hooking up two tquerys and corresponding datasources as M/S
today. Upon trying to make the detail query active in the IDE, I would
get an access violation in IDSQL32.DLL.

After a lot of headscratching, I finally found the problem. I had
formatted the detail query like so:

SELECT Anl_MiddelNr
WHERE :FordelingsSted = FORDSTED.FordelingsSted

When i changed the WHERE clause to have the parameter last, like so:

WHERE FORDSTED.FordelingsSted = :FordelingsSted

The access violations disappeared.

I cant remember reading anything about this anywhere in my D3
literature, is this a bug or just an oversight on my part?

Eivind Bakkestuen was here
"I was the second gunman
 on the grassy knoll."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. MS-Access 97 Master/Detail form problem

2. Problem when inserting records in the detail table (master/detail relation)

3. Master-Detail TSession TQuery Error

4. Master/Detail with TQuery components

5. TQuery Master/Detail linked with other DataSource

7. which is faster using ttable or tquery in master detail form in SQL Server

8. TQuery Master/Detail Relationship

9. Please help with MASTER/DETAIL with TQuery

10. Access - Delphi - Master/Detail

11. Master-Detail : Sorting Detail?

12. Master - Detail - Detail queries & DBGrids