Duplicate table structure w/val checks, passwords etc?
Author Message
 Duplicate table structure w/val checks, passwords etc?

I'm looking for a routine, or examples of how to duplicate EXACTLY an
existing table.  I have no problem with creating a table with the
correct field name, types, etc., but can't get the validation checks,
passwords, referential integrity and such to go with the table.
Ideally, I would like something that I can just feed a path or alias of
the source table and a destination for the copy without having to create
a separate routine for each table.  Anybody seen such a beast?

--
Byron Sisson

Sun, 13 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Duplicate table structure w/val checks, passwords etc?

On Wed, 25 Dec 1996 18:11:10 -0600, Byron Sisson

Quote:

>I'm looking for a routine, or examples of how to duplicate EXACTLY an
>existing table.  I have no problem with creating a table with the
>correct field name, types, etc., but can't get the validation checks,
>passwords, referential integrity and such to go with the table.
>Ideally, I would like something that I can just feed a path or alias of
>the source table and a destination for the copy without having to create
>a separate routine for each table.  Anybody seen such a beast?

>--
>Byron Sisson

I don't think that it's possible to replicate the exact structure of
database 'cause it's database dependent. For example some databases
don't support referential integrity.

                                           Anthony

Stay in shape, go to the range regularly, keep your mouth
shut, and your eyes open!

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Duplicate table structure w/val checks, passwords etc?

I'm interested only in Paradox tables at this point.

Quote:

> I don't think that it's possible to replicate the exact structure of
> database 'cause it's database dependent. For example some databases
> don't support referential integrity.

--
Byron Sisson

Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Val check wierd ? - Pdox tables

2. Need Info on .VAL & .Fam Files etc

3. Check Duplicate in Primary key?

4. CHECK FOR DUPLICATE KEYS

5. How to check for duplicate keys before post?

6. Q: When to check for Duplicate Records?

7. Q: When to check for Duplicate Records?

8. How to check duplicate value?

9. Check duplicate key

10. SQL UPDATE TAB1.VAL by TAB2.val

11. UPDATE SQL TAB1.val by TAB1.val