SQL and Date-Field in Paradox-Db
Author Message
 SQL and Date-Field in Paradox-Db

I'm trying to do a SQL query on a Date-Field in a Paradox database:

        select * from MyTable
        where MyDate > 01.01.1996

I have tried all known Date-Formats like dd-mm-yy, yy/mm/dd ... but
without any success.

I can't use dyn. SQL with Params[].AsDate because the SQL-Text will be
entered by the users into a memo-object...

Is anyone out there who can help ?

Regards
        Detlev

--
PGP public key available on key-servers and via receipt confirmation request

Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL and Date-Field in Paradox-Db

Quote:

> I'm trying to do a SQL query on a Date-Field in a Paradox database:

>         select * from MyTable
>         where MyDate > 01.01.1996

> I have tried all known Date-Formats like dd-mm-yy, yy/mm/dd ... but
> without any success.

> I can't use dyn. SQL with Params[].AsDate because the SQL-Text will be
> entered by the users into a memo-object...

> Is anyone out there who can help ?

> Regards
>         Detlev

When I use date fields is Queries the syntax is as follows:

         select * from MyTable
         where MyDate > '1/1/96'

Hope that helps.

Dean.

Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL on date-field in Paradox-table??

2. Wildcarding a Paradox Date Field - Using locl SQL

3. How to replace standard exception handling on db date fields

4. Paradox autoinc fields vs MS SQL identity fields

5. Querying Paradox Date Field??

6. Searching date and time fields in paradox

7. Date Fields in Paradox and Dbase when using Delphi 2

8. : How can i change the displaymask of a date field within paradox

9. Date field in Paradox 7 Database

10. How to edit Paradox date field in DBGrid?

11. Paradox DB Short field = WHAT in delphi?

12. Alpha field in Paradox.db