Delphi trashes my tables - Help!
Author Message
 Delphi trashes my tables - Help!

Hi there,

My delphi application accesses two tables on a netware 3.11 server.  It
works perfectly with just one user, but multiple users at the same time
trashes the tables.  Has anybody any ideas on why this might be
happening.

The tables are Paradox 4.0 tables, the .net directory is on the server,
both workstations have identical BDE setups. The workstations are
editing record in and adding records to tables

There doesn't seem to be any explicit record locking or table
manipulation stuff, or any way to check up on what is happening, anybody
have any other sources of info or ideas about passivly monitoring the
tables to see where there going wrong.

I realise there is not enough info here for a definitive solution,
just really looking for help and ideas.  Many thanks in advance

Andy P

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi trashes my tables - Help!

Quote:

>My Delphi application accesses two tables on a netware 3.11 server.  It
>works perfectly with just one user, but multiple users at the same time
>trashes the tables.  Has anybody any ideas on why this might be
>happening.
>The tables are Paradox 4.0 tables, the .net directory is on the server,
>both workstations have identical BDE setups. The workstations are
>editing record in and adding records to tables
>There doesn't seem to be any explicit record locking or table
>manipulation stuff, or any way to check up on what is happening, anybody
>have any other sources of info or ideas about passivly monitoring the
>tables to see where there going wrong.
>I realise there is not enough info here for a definitive solution,
>just really looking for help and ideas.  Many thanks in advance

Check very carefully in the BDE Configuration utility that both systems point
to the same "net file dir" (differing only in drive-letter), that "local
share" is on, and that the systems have R/W/Create access to the designated
directory.

Remove existing NET files and do a table-repair on the tables to be sure they
are fine now.  (There are a number of utilities and VCLs that can do repair if
you do not have Paradox.)

Now start one program and ensure that a NET file appears in the right
directory.  Begin editing a record.

Start the other program and attempt to edit the same record.  You should be
prevented from doing so.

Be sure that your application is designed to call "DbiUseIdleTime" on-idle and
through a timer -- or that you are running the most current BDE -- to be sure
that disk-writes occur timely.  Ensure that when one computer makes a change
to the record, the other computer can see the change as soon as it does a
refresh.

/mr/

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. TPW 1.5 err 201 trashing Win 3.1 mouse

2. Help with Delphi 2.0 Tables issue

3. Help! Delphi 1 / Win95 Table Refresh Problem

4. Help: reading paradox tables from Delphi DLL

5. Help with SQL in Delphi w/ Access, combining multiple tables

6. HELP PLEASE Index Out of date on paradox tables - delphi 6

7. Need help accessing client/server btrieve tables with Delphi

8. HELP: Table Is Read Only - After updating Delphi 2.01

9. HELP! drop table and create table problems

10. Help..Help..Help MS SQL and Delphi

11. HELP:How do I empty all tables for a database. Tables have dependent tables.

12. You must see: News Group A Dedicate Delphi Developers Helping Delphi Developers