D3/BDE multi-threaded apps : Anyone done it ?
Author Message
 D3/BDE multi-threaded apps : Anyone done it ?

Hi,

I am using D3 Professional and BDE to access a remote database via ODBC
driver.

My app opens a TCP socket for listen, accepts connections from clients,
creates a worker thread for each client that performs a query against a
database and returns the result to the client.

Obviously, I have to be able to handle more than one client request.  My
problem is : how to perform queries within the worker thread.  I know that a
different session must be created for each thread and all the db components
in that thread need to use that session instead of the default session
created by Delphi.

Does anyone have a sample code that shows how it could be done ?

TIA
S H Chua

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Subclassing TDataSet in D3 - anyone done it?

2. Multi threading the BDE (and killing queries)

3. Multi threading BDE

4. Doing ODBC without BDE: Anyone Interested???

5. How to build an app (with bde) that runs with other bde-apps

6. saving a record in a thread doing funnies

7. Multi Threads accessing the same database

8. Multi-thread with tsession and tquery

9. multi threading in fpc linux?

10. Multi Thread + GUI + DB = TROUBLE!

11. Multi threading

12. Multi-Threading MIDAS