tDBImage, file larger w. smaller images
Author Message
 tDBImage, file larger w. smaller images

I have been trying to solve the stretch problem, and a funny thing
happened.
I made a few BMPs smaller using LView, but when I replaced 3 bitmaps
in the database, the file grew lerger.
Is it possible to clear the image of the data file before loading a
new, or doesn't it matter?

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 tDBImage, file larger w. smaller images

Quote:
>I have been trying to solve the stretch problem, and a funny thing
>happened.
>I made a few BMPs smaller using LView, but when I replaced 3 bitmaps
>in the database, the file grew lerger.
>Is it possible to clear the image of the data file before loading a
>new, or doesn't it matter?

(If you are using Paradox)
Deleting a record simply makes it unavailable...To remove it from the
database you need to pack the database...this may well apply to some/all
of the other low end databases supported by Delphi.

Many Regards.....

--
John M. Kelly

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving JPEG Image with TDBImage

2. Paste an image into a TDBImage component (D1)

3. D3: TDBImage and JPEG images - SOLUTION -

4. TDBImage bitmap image not valid??

5. Finding smallest Odd, largest Even.

6. Needed help on writing large binary data to MSSQL6.5 image field

7. URGENT - Lock file grown too large - error using Paradox files

8. Stream Demo works only with small files

9. Sybase, Images, and third Party imaging products

10. Image in Paradox file

11. Insert Image File??

12. Converting Image Files (BMP?) To Turbo Pascal Arrays