"Invalid field type" exception
Author Message
 "Invalid field type" exception

I have the following problem:
  I am transfering data from a remote ODBC accessed table to a local
ODBC accessed M$-Excel spreadsheet-table. I'm not quite getting how
exactly the conversion from the spreadsheet to table is implemented, but
that's not the question.
  I am receiving a "Invalid field type" EDBEngine exception while doing
a TBatchMove. It does not matter (seems to me) whether I specify the
cell formats in the Excel table or not. Maybe I am doing that in a wrong
way?
  Maybe some of you can throw some ideas in about that exception and
accessing Excel spreadsheets via delphi (and/or via ODBC) in general?

                            Thanks in advance,
                                Juris.

P.S. Could you please reply by e-mail?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. mssql uniqueidentifier causes "invalid field type"

2. dbengine exception "invalid BLOB lenght"

3. "Invalid Char in Field" error

4. Invalid Value for Field "Date1"

5. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

6. EDBEngineError "Invalid File Name"

7. "Invalid index/tag name."

8. "Invalid BLOB Handle" problem

9. HELP : "Invalid Paramater", when doing Tquery.Open, seems to not release resources

10. TQuery and "Invalid Parameter"

11. Delphi: "Invalid stream format"

12. OLE Automation, "Invalid Variant Conversion"