Strange problem with cached updates
Author Message
 Strange problem with cached updates

Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 12:04:21 -0500

Newsgroups: comp.lang.Pascal.delphi.databases
Subject: Strange problem with cached updates

I am using an Interbase database that has several tables.  I have had no problem using cached updates up to this point.  There is one table in
the database that I can't get the Active property set to true if cached updates is enabled and the SQL statement is set to SELECT * FROM
PMACT.  I get the following error message:  INVALID FIELD TYPE  FIELD: FIELD1.  I can set cached updates if my SQL statement does not include
all fields from the table.  For example, there are 8 fields in the table.  I can select any 7 of them in my SQL statement and then I can set
cached updates to true and make the table active.  As soon as I select all 8 then the error message pops up.  Here is the SQL command I used
to create the table:

CREATE TABLE PMACT
(
PMACTID         VARCHAR(5) NOT NULL,
PMACTCODE       VARCHAR(2) NOT NULL,
DESCRIPTION     VARCHAR(50),
NOTES           VARCHAR(100),
ENTERDATE       DATE,
CHANGEDATE      DATE,
ENTEREDBY       VARCHAR(20),
CHANGEDBY       VARCHAR(20),

PRIMARY KEY (PMACTID)
);

I have 15 other tables that all work fine with cached updates no matter what the SQL statement.  In fact one is identical to PMACT except
everything is CMACT.

BTW, I can set the active property to True if Cached Updates is set to False.  I can do this regardless of the SQL statement.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stewart White

--
GO VOLS!!!

WWW:     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~Stewart.White/index.html

Mon, 18 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cached Updates QUESTION: Sorting table of updated and non-updated records

2. Cached Updates problem

3. Problem with Cached updates!!!

4. Cached Updates Performance Problem

5. Problem with cache Updates

6. Cached updates problem:

7. Cached Updates for TQuery problem...

8. Help! Cached Updates problem

9. Problem with cached update

10. Urgent! Cached Updates problem

11. Cached Updates TQuery Problem with Modify/Delete (within transaction)

12. cached updates problem