InstallShield with nativ MSACCESS driver and Delphi 3
Author Message
 InstallShield with nativ MSACCESS driver and Delphi 3

Hi everybody !

I would like to now how to make an Install Shield Installation programm
which does install corectly a MSACCESS driver for my delphi application.
It works for ODBC but not for the nativ driver

If you please could send the answer direct to my e-mail adress because i
don't have regular access to the news-groupes.

Thankyou for any kind of help

Best regards

Stefan Wagner

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 InstallShield with nativ MSACCESS driver and Delphi 3

Quote:

>I would like to now how to make an Install Shield Installation programm
>which does install corectly a MSACCESS driver for my Delphi application.
>It works for ODBC but not for the nativ driver
>Stefan Wagner

I don't know if this is applicable to your problem since I am still using
D2. But I am accessing MS-Access databases through DAO using Eagle
Research's Jet Set components. Works fine, but I also had this problem of
correctly installing DAO on the client PC with InstallShield.
Then I found out how to do it:
When creating a new InstallShield install project DON'T select the source
= Delphi! Instead select source = Visual C++. Then check that you are
using DAO but nothing else.
You will still have to point at your own app, but since that is an exe
anyway InstallShield does not complain and it all works fine.
IS will magically grab all the necessary DAO files from your PC and
deposit them in the correct destination on the client PC.
NOTES:
1- You must own MS VC++ or MS VBasic Pro or some MS Office Pro version to
be licensed to distribute DAO.
2- This of course does only apply to D2 and possibly D3, 16bit D1 is out
of luck.
3- I am talking about InstallShield Express Professional, not the bundled
version that ships with D2.

Bo Berglund

Note that the reply address is sometimes incorrect to stop spamming.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi 5 / MSAccess Driver

2. Delphi 4 MsAccess 97 driver and Office 97 SR2

3. How can i use the MSACCESS (ver 2.0) driver with Delphi 3

4. Delphi 3 Native MSACCESS Driver

5. MSACCESS, BDE 4.51, InstallShield solution

6. Wrong dll32 driver version when installing BDE with installshield

7. InstallShield BDE driver config

8. InstallShield won't install Interbase Driver/Alias

9. Native driver/MsAccess/Requestlive

10. Locking strategy with MSACCESS Driver

11. BDE451, MSAccess Driver locking broken

12. MSACCESS Native Driver (BDE 4.51)