SQL Server and ODBC
Author Message
 SQL Server and ODBC

Hi,

I have developed an app using delphi 3 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
Connecting to the database via ODBC runs fine on Windows NT, but when
installed on Windows 95/98 I get the follwing error when updating tha
database :

Key violation.
General SQL error.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server driver] Connection is busy with results
for another hstmt.

What does this mean, and why only on Windows 95/98 ?  Any chance that
using a native  driver will solve the problem ?

What client-software do I need in order to use the native MS SQL
driver in the Delphi c/s edition ?

Thanks in advance,

Jan Steiermark
Vega Software

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server and ODBC
<<[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server driver] Connection is busy with results
for another hstmt.

On ms sql server you can only have one forward only cursor open at any time
and I believe that error signifies another forward only cursor open for your
TDatabase. for more info visit the news groups at www.odbcexpress.com

We handle this kind of stuff for you with our thin client product ASTA,
btw<g> www.astatech.com

--

Does your Database run on the Internet? It can!
ASTA: Internet-Ready Client/Server Products & Services

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Software AG ADABAS SQL Server and ODBC with Delphi

2. Getting @@Identity from SQL Server via ODBC Driver

3. MS SQL-Server and ODBC

4. MS SQL Server and ODBC 2.5

5. Help: Identity recovering and Disconnections with Delphi 2 and SQL Server and ODBC

6. Report Smith accesses MS SQL Server using ODBC, possible?

7. SQL Links or ODBC for remote SQL servers?

8. Access to SQL Server ODBC vs SQL Links

9. MS SQL Server - ODBC vs SQL Links

10. SQL Server 6.whatever ODBC - can we talk?

11. Hang up when using D1 + ODBC + MS SQL Server 6.5

12. SQL Server 6.5: Native driver vs. ODBC