Subqueries with TQuery & Pdx?
Author Message
 Subqueries with TQuery & Pdx?

        Can somebody tell me how to do subqueries with the delphi TQuery
component?  I realize Paradox doesn't support them using standard SQL,
but is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Mike.

     Northstar Technologies                    Compuserve: 76620,2534
     Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA       WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mfrisch

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Subqueries with TQuery & Pdx?
The problem is that the BDE doesn't support them.  Delphi and Paradox both
use the BDE to access tables.  I was reading some info on Paradox 7.0 -
if I remember right, it said that it supported all ANSI SQL commands.
If that is true, just get yourself a copy of Paradox 7.0.  By installing
Paradox, you'll upgrade your current BDE.

Ryan Peterson

Quote:

>        Can somebody tell me how to do subqueries with the Delphi TQuery
>component?  I realize Paradox doesn't support them using standard SQL,
>but is there a workaround?

>Thanks.

>Mike.

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Subqueries with TQuery & Pdx?

Quote:
>        Can somebody tell me how to do subqueries with the Delphi TQuery
>component?  I realize Paradox doesn't support them using standard SQL,
>but is there a workaround?

This depends on the type of Database you have. Most SQL databases
support Stored Procedures which can be set up with the detailed
query and called using TStoredProc. Otherwise you will have to
transfer the result of the inner query into a temporary table
to run the outer one on.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Sat, 23 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi2 & Pdx date/time fields

2. sql subqueries ok?

3. insert from subquery

4. Unique fields in subquery

5. Problem with Subqueries with parameters in Delpi

6. Update table with subquery sum

7. Can't I make a SQL query with subquery's in a TQuery ??

8. TQuery & OnFIlterRecord

9. TQuery & Date on Interbase and Oracle

10. TQUERY & Index file troubles

11. MS SQL & Delphi TQuery String problems

12. TQuery & Live Result