Corrupted Databse, how to repair it?
Author Message
 Corrupted Databse, how to repair it?

I had a power failure with my computer when I was using Delphi, with an
opened database.
Since this problem, I cannot open the database. I've tryied to repair it
with the Validation in the "Maintance" menu in the Server Manager, but I
always have this message :

Message :
I/O Error for MYFILE.GDB.
-Error while trying to read from file.
-Unknown Win32 error 0

What can I do ??? How to repair this database ???

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted Databse, how to repair it?

Quote:
>I had a power failure with my computer when I was using Delphi, with an
>opened database.
>Since this problem, I cannot open the database. I've tryied to repair it
>with the Validation in the "Maintance" menu in the Server Manager, but I
>always have this message :
>Message :
>I/O Error for MYFILE.GDB.
>-Error while trying to read from file.
>-Unknown Win32 error 0
>What can I do ??? How to repair this database ???

Okay, so we're talking Interbase here.  First thing to do would be to run file
system integrity on the volume to see if the database file actually exists or
actually has anything useful in it.  You could have cross-linked clusters or
some other physical problem and in such cases IB could easily run smack into a
brick wall.  One literal possibility is to see if the file can be opened and
read from beginning to end by a Delphi program -- is physical I/O possible to
the entire extent of this file at all?

/mr/

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Repair corrupt indexes ?

2. Recreate och repair a corrupted Pdox index

3. using a MS Access databse with Delphi 5

4. TBatchMove / Creating a databse table at runtime?

5. Changing access privileges on Interbase databse

6. databse efficiency comparison

7. UI and Databse Unit required

8. Paradox or Interbase, how to decide which databse to use

9. Delphi to an open Access databse

10. ODBC Repair & Compact problem with Access DB

11. Q : Table Repair - tutil32.dll usage details available ?

12. Repair-it!