Locking/Locked records
Author Message
 Locking/Locked records

Anyone know of a really elegant solution for locking simple tables
using the BDE.  At first glance at the online help, I see NOTHING
whatsoever about locking, contention, etc.  I'm not looking for
anything grand, just something simple that doesn't envolve
an exception block.   What would be really nice would be
something like:

   if Table1.FindKey([whatever]) then
      if Table1.Locked then
         { popup a dialog or something...}
     else
     begin
         Table1.Locked := True
            { do my thing...}

I guess I'm still in a FoxPro frame of mine looking for something like
this.  I'm thinking of converting a FoxPro app to delphi but I'd like to
explore some simple strategies first.

Thanx,
--jeff.

Sat, 31 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. help with record locking.. (Pessimistic locking)

2. turn off num lock, scroll lock

3. a traffic light program with lock's (num loack Caps loack and scroll lock)

4. the user name who locked the record

5. MySQL, MyODBC, Delphi: record locked and cursor errors ?

6. reinitializing the BDE (record locked by another user)

7. Locking records. D5 + Access2000

8. Record Locking - Paradox tables ???

9. IDAPI configuration and record locking

10. Too many record locks...

11. Lock record?

12. Too many record locks on this table