Conecting with BDE
Author Message
 Conecting with BDE

I'm trying to use an access to the BDE to know if a record is locked or not, so I can avoid the
exception of record locked. I'm trying to use the DbiIsRecordLocked of the BDE in the next
way:

procedure TForm1.Table1BeforeEdit(DataSet: TDataset);
var bloqueado : Bool;
    vuelta    : DBIResult;
begin

   vuelta := DbiisRecordLocked(Table1.Handle, bloqueado);

   case vuelta of
   DBIERR_NONE : Showmessage('OK');
   DBIERR_NOCURRREC : Showmessage('DBIERR_NOCURRREC');
   DBIERR_BOF : Showmessage('DBIERR_BOF');
   DBIERR_EOF : Showmessage('DBIERR_EOF');
   DBIERR_KEYORRECDELETED : Showmessage('DBIERR_KEYORRECDELETED');
   DBIERR_INVALIDHNDL : Showmessage('DBIERR_INVALIDHNDL');
   DBIERR_INVALIDPARAM : Showmessage('DBIERR_INVALIDPARAM');
   end;

   if bloqueado then
     raise Eabort.CreateRes(0);

end;

And I dicorver that I allways get a DBIERR_BOF and bloqueado is set with True, never
minds whether the record is beeing edited in other computer or not.

Does anyone what is wrong in my code?. Is any other way of doing this?.
Thanks in advance.

Mon, 18 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems conecting to ORACLE

2. Problems with conecting to Network

3. Conecting to Oracle 7 - more details

4. BDE(32), BDE(16), WinNT

5. BDE App Hangs when run -- BDE Admin hangs.

6. BDE Apps without BDE Inst

7. Heads-up: problems observed using BDE-16 and BDE-32 simultaneously

8. Update from BDE 3.10 to BDE 4.51

9. BDE install conflicts with previously installed BDE

10. BDE 5.0 SQL on Paradox tables so slow in comparisont to BDE 2.52

11. Problems BDE Delphi 3 x BDE Delphi 4

12. Deploying BDE - multiple BDE installations