Handling .NTX Files
Author Message
 Handling .NTX Files

Hi,
I am moving from Clipper to Delphi. As I can't change all apps to delphi
at same time I will have to share Clipper and Delphi Applications.
SO, the .DBF files will be easy to attach from Delphi but how can I
update files .NTX in Delphi?
.
Any hint will be welcome!
.
Thanks in advance!

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Handling .NTX Files

Quote:

>I am moving from Clipper to Delphi. As I can't change all apps to Delphi
>at same time I will have to share Clipper and Delphi Applications.
>SO, the .DBF files will be easy to attach from Delphi but how can I
>update files .NTX in Delphi?

You can't. You will have to use a third party engine to accomplish this --
I think Success Ware (or something like that) has a package to do just
that.

Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Handling .NTX Files

Quote:

>>I am moving from Clipper to Delphi. As I can't change all apps to Delphi
>>at same time I will have to share Clipper and Delphi Applications.
>>SO, the .DBF files will be easy to attach from Delphi but how can I
>>update files .NTX in Delphi?
>You can't. You will have to use a third party engine to accomplish this --
>I think Success Ware (or something like that) has a package to do just
>that.

The product is called Apollo.  With it you can access Clipper and
FoxPro file formats.  You can download a free demo version (it is the
full product but only works within the IDE) from the Compuserve Delphi
Forum (GO DELPHI).

Rob Windsor

Sun, 26 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Handling .NTX Files

Quote:
>I am moving from Clipper to Delphi. As I can't change all apps to Delphi
>at same time I will have to share Clipper and Delphi Applications.
>SO, the .DBF files will be easy to attach from Delphi but how can I
>update files .NTX in Delphi?
>.

Delphi and the BDE do not support non-maintained indexes. This would
include the dBASE III PLUS-style .NDX index file and its Clipper equivalent
the .NTX. The dBASE IV-style multiple index files (.MDX).

As I recall, there is a Clipper-specific ODBC driver that would allow use
of Clipper tables. I cannot guess whether it also supports .NTX files or
just multiple index files.

Steve Koterski                    "Knowledge advances by steps, and not by
Product Group Manager             leaps."
Delphi Technical Support                       -- Lord Macaulay, 1800-1859
Borland International, Inc.

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Source Code for handling .NTX/.NDX files

2. Clipper NTX files in Delphi

3. ntx files and DBE

4. DBase files with NTX index

5. Using Clipper DBF and NTX files

6. CLIPPER NTX FILE AND DELPHI 2.0

7. Use Clipper index (.ntx file) with Delphi program?

8. Losing File Handles - But I am not using Files

9. how to handle schema files for ascii files?

10. Creating executable file + file handling "objects"

11. BDE Error: # of Max File handles exceeded

12. HELP: File handling and encryption problems!