I NEED HELP WITH DBF TABLE AND INDEX
Author Message
 I NEED HELP WITH DBF TABLE AND INDEX

Quote:

>How do I handle corrupt or lost indexfiles.
>When I try to open an indexed DBF talble where the indexfile is lost I
>only get errors that I can't handle HOW TO DO?????

>/Stefan

Stefan,

I had a similar problem, the solution is the following;
- In your application add the next units in your USES clause:
  DBITYPES, DBIPROCS, DBIERRS
- Now you can call the  DBIRegenIndexes(Table1.Handle) function.
  The table must be opened in exclusive mode and the index must
  already exist.

It worked for me, goodluck,

Nico

Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I NEED HELP WITH DBF TABLE AND INDEX
I have found a solution to the problem.

 When a indexfile is corrupt i get an excepton error, that error can i
handle if i change in IDE under options environment and Break on
exception should not be ticked.

And if the indexfile is lost i can go into the dbf file an set the MDX
byte (byte 28) to zero then i can make a new indexfile.

/Stefan

Wed, 02 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Indexing a DBF table

2. ~~compound indexes on DBF tables

3. !Help needed linking to Clipper-indexed DBase tables

4. I need help with table indexes

5. Help needed - FOXUSER.DBF ckval

6. Help with DBF table structure info gathering

7. Help: Converting DOS Clipper DBF's to Windows DBF's

8. DBF DBF DBF

9. urgent: open DBF without index

10. DBF index management from program?

11. Creating new index file for existing *.dbf

12. DBF file with CDX index