dbexpress dot and comma conversion
Author Message
 dbexpress dot and comma conversion

Hi,
I have some problems using pgexpres driver for postgres.
The problem is with my national setings. In Poland we use comma as decimal
separator for example 2/3 in windows calc i 0,6666666666 not 0.66666666.
I use windows xp, delphi 7, postgresql 7.3, pgexpres2(dbexpress for
postgres)
The problem is with float and timestamp conversion.
I tried setting DecimalSeparator both to . and , and there are still the
same error.
I get errors in conversion until i change my regional settings to use dot as
separator.
Is there any other solution ???
--
best regards
piotrek

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 16:38:33 GMT
 dbexpress dot and comma conversion
Does the pgexpres2 have any problems reading the referential integrity
tables from PostgreSQL?

Hal Davison
Davison Consulting

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have some problems using pgexpres driver for postgres.
> The problem is with my national setings. In Poland we use comma as decimal
> separator for example 2/3 in windows calc i 0,6666666666 not 0.66666666.
> I use windows xp, delphi 7, postgresql 7.3, pgexpres2(dbexpress for
> postgres)
> The problem is with float and timestamp conversion.
> I tried setting DecimalSeparator both to . and , and there are still the
> same error.
> I get errors in conversion until i change my regional settings to use dot
as
> separator.
> Is there any other solution ???
> --
> best regards
> piotrek

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:22:50 GMT

1. DOTS DOTS!

2. Using the dot(.) with dates in Local SQl

3. printing using DOT MATRIX printer

4. Printing Graphics directly to Dot matrix printer

5. Printing Mailing Labels on a Dot Matrix Printer?

6. Delphi Emulated 5x7 Dot Matrix Display HELP!!

7. Interbase and DbExpress

8. dbExpress

9. dbExpress and TSQLDataSet sync problem using DataSource property.

10. DBExpress Examples needed (urgently)

11. dbExpress and MySQL

12. Firebird, dbExpress and problem with field DATE