Delphi 2 and Sybase CT Lib drivers
Author Message
 Delphi 2 and Sybase CT Lib drivers

I read an article on the Borland technical reference site which stated
that delphi does not support the Sybase System 10 CT Lib. Does this
mean that the only way to connect Delphi to Sybase system 10/11 is via
ODBC because as far as I know the DB Lib does not support System 10?

We have had big problems with Delphi 2 and Sybase 11, and suspect that
there is a bug with the Sybase SQL links supplied with Delphi 2 Client
Server. Has anybody else had a similar experience? ODBC is an option
but it is slow.

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 2 and Sybase CT Lib drivers

Quote:

>I read an article on the Borland technical reference site which stated
>that Delphi does not support the Sybase System 10 CT Lib. Does this
>mean that the only way to connect Delphi to Sybase system 10/11 is via
>ODBC because as far as I know the DB Lib does not support System 10?

>We have had big problems with Delphi 2 and Sybase 11, and suspect that
>there is a bug with the Sybase SQL links supplied with Delphi 2 Client
>Server. Has anybody else had a similar experience? ODBC is an option
>but it is slow.

You can talk to System 10 with db-lib, and I believe that you can with
System 11 too - though I've no experience of attempting this with
Delphi (1 or 2). Some facilities introduced in System 10 (such as
client-side cursors) are not available through db-lib, but I haven't
found that a problem when programming in PB or C.

I'd like to know how you get on as I anticipate doing soemthing
similar in the not too distant future.

David

David Whitmarsh

     Accession Systems Ltd/Sparkle Computer Co Ltd

     Client/Server development and consultancy:
          Unix, Sybase, C, Powerbuilder, Delphi

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sybase and CT-LIB

2. ct-voice driver-reference

3. Delphi 3 SYBASE Native Driver

4. Delphi drivers for Oracle or Sybase

5. DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

6. Sybase driver and MS-SQL 6.0 - HELP!

7. 32 ODBC drivers for Sybase 10?

8. Problem with MS SQL Server 6.0/TTable/Sybase driver

9. Sybase language driver for nordic countries

10. ODBC Drivers for Sybase 11

11. Ct-Voice.Drv Help!!!

12. error in _SETUP.LIB for Delphi 3.0 C/S