ADO, Delphi, Oracle 8i and NO BDE
Author Message
 ADO, Delphi, Oracle 8i and NO BDE

I am trying to map fields to an Oracle database for an existing
application. The problem that I seem to be having, is that the number
(10,0) fields in the Oracle database (an integer in other RDBMSs) maps
to a TFloat.

As you can well imagine, with all of the databound controls, there is a
problem. We need integer types, and we just seem to get float types, no
matter what we change the database to.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. .hostdef not found: Oracle 8i-BDE-SQLLink

2. Optimisation of the BDE with Oracle 8i

3. Oracle 8i and Delphi 5 for Chinese application

4. Advice needed Oracle 8i + Delphi 5.0: Invalid BLOB handle in record buffer

5. Oracle 8i ODBC BLOB/Index problem with Delphi 3

6. DELPHI4 - ORACLE 8i ODBC SUCKS

7. SQL Link for Oracle 8i

8. D3 and Oracle 8i

9. Delphi, ADO and Oracle 8

10. oracle, ado, delphi5

11. Ado and Oracle

12. Returning resultsets from Oracle stored procedures via ADO?