Database protection
Author Message
 Database protection

I have written a large database program in Delphi. This program collects
it's data by polling hardware for alarm infromation. Recently I had
another program lock-up while running my application. The result was a
currepted database. Is ther a way to protect my databases when Windows
crashes ?? If So How ??.

Thanx
Jeff

Fri, 03 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Database protection

Quote:
>I have written a large database program in Delphi. This program collects
>it's data by polling hardware for alarm infromation. Recently I had
>another program lock-up while running my application. The result was a
>currepted database. Is ther a way to protect my databases when Windows
>crashes ?? If So How ??.

I presume you are using Paradox or dBase tables. Unfortunatly they
are susceptable to corruption if they are not closed properly. It
is a good reason for using Interbase which is less easy to corrupt
and has repair utilities built in.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Sat, 11 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: database protection with MS-Access/Delphi

2. Progrmatically creating table with password protection/referential integrity?

3. Password Protection

4. Copy Protection in Delphi..

5. General Protection Fault in Module IDAPI01.DLL at 0001:471B

6. File protection.

7. Password protection....

8. Basic Password Protection principles

9. Basic Password Protection principles

10. Genral Protection Fault - creating program groups

11. Software Protection

12. General Protection Fault