TRemoteServer: Computername problem
Author Message
 TRemoteServer: Computername problem

I am working on a multi-tier application, and therefore use
TRemoteServer in my client-application.

On some machines where install my client I can specify an IP-address
as Computername on others I can only use machines from my
networkneighbourhood as valid Computername. For those machines
I get an "The requested operation is not supported"-error when
I specify an IP-address
Does any out their have any idea how to solve my problem?

Cheers,

Henk.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TRemoteServer: Computername problem

Quote:
> I am working on a multi-tier application, and therefore use
> TRemoteServer in my client-application.
> On some machines where install my client I can specify an IP-address
> as Computername on others I can only use machines from my
> networkneighbourhood as valid Computername. For those machines
> I get an "The requested operation is not supported"-error when
> I specify an IP-address
> Does any out their have any idea how to solve my problem?

Why are you using a TRemoteServer? Are you using DCOM or OLEnterprise?
Use a TMidasConnection instead.
I haven't yet had a problem connecting using IP addresses.

- Graeme Vincent

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TRemoteServer: Computername problem

I switched to TMidasConnection and use DCOM. But on some machines
still got the same errors when specifying an IP-address:
"The requested operation is not supported" or
"Interface not supported" or
"RPC-server not available"
I suppose this has something to do with network-configuartion?

any idea?

Quote:

> > I am working on a multi-tier application, and therefore use
> > TRemoteServer in my client-application.
> > On some machines where install my client I can specify an IP-address
> > as Computername on others I can only use machines from my
> > networkneighbourhood as valid Computername. For those machines
> > I get an "The requested operation is not supported"-error when
> > I specify an IP-address
> > Does any out their have any idea how to solve my problem?

> Why are you using a TRemoteServer? Are you using DCOM or OLEnterprise?
> Use a TMidasConnection instead.
> I haven't yet had a problem connecting using IP addresses.

> - Graeme Vincent

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TProvider/TRemoteServer help requested

2. Computername including full domain part??

3. zjisteni username a computername z MSN v TP6

4. Please help with this problem!!ARRAY problem

5. Paradox problem on the NET - problem

6. Problems with decimals and anonther small problem

7. Memory problems (heap problems????)

8. DBGrid problem - difficult problem

9. Problem: BDE and Delphi5's ISX (Was: Re: Problem with Delphi 3 and ISX 1.11 on Windows NT / 2000)

10. KojakVGA problems (of course I could mail this to Scott Tunstall, but maybe so here knows the problem)

11. PROBLEM: Has this problem come up before? (Install Shield)

12. Borland Database Engine Locking Problem!!!! - bde problem.doc (1/1)