BDE and Access error 
Author Message
 BDE and Access error

When I try to run a delphi app which uses an MS Access database (or in
fact try to access the DSN from BDE Administrator), the following
error is raised:

Error 13059
General SQL Error
-2147221164

A look on the web indicates that this is some kind of clash between
the MS Access DSN driver and Microsoft Office/Access installation.
The PC in question has never had Access installed and uninstalling
Office has no effect.

Does anyone know what specifically is wrong here?

TIA,
James



Fri, 05 Dec 2003 18:10:51 GMT  
 BDE and Access error
The BDE MSACCESS driver uses DAO 3.0 or 3.5 (depending on the setting of BDE
Administrator | Configuration | Drivers | Native | MSACCESS | DLL32). DAO
3.0/3.5 is part of MS Office 95/97 and needs to be installed separately.
Installing MS Office 2000 won't work !



Quote:
> When I try to run a Delphi app which uses an MS Access database (or in
> fact try to access the DSN from BDE Administrator), the following
> error is raised:

> Error 13059
> General SQL Error
> -2147221164

> A look on the web indicates that this is some kind of clash between
> the MS Access DSN driver and Microsoft Office/Access installation.
> The PC in question has never had Access installed and uninstalling
> Office has no effect.

> Does anyone know what specifically is wrong here?

> TIA,
> James



Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:30:54 GMT  
 BDE and Access error
Thanks for the info.  Now let me get this right.

1.  Installing Office 97 will fix the problem.
2.  Installing Office 2000 will not fix the problem.
3.  Upgrading Office 97 to Office 2000 will break it.

Is this correct??

Many thanks,
James

Quote:

> The BDE MSACCESS driver uses DAO 3.0 or 3.5 (depending on the setting of BDE
> Administrator | Configuration | Drivers | Native | MSACCESS | DLL32). DAO
> 3.0/3.5 is part of MS Office 95/97 and needs to be installed separately.
> Installing MS Office 2000 won't work !



> > When I try to run a Delphi app which uses an MS Access database (or in
> > fact try to access the DSN from BDE Administrator), the following
> > error is raised:

> > Error 13059
> > General SQL Error
> > -2147221164



Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:31:25 GMT  
 BDE and Access error
Upgrading Office 97 to Office 2000 will probably not uninstall DAO 3.5, so
your application will keep working.



Quote:
> Thanks for the info.  Now let me get this right.

> 1.  Installing Office 97 will fix the problem.
> 2.  Installing Office 2000 will not fix the problem.
> 3.  Upgrading Office 97 to Office 2000 will break it.

> Is this correct??

> Many thanks,
> James




Quote:
> > The BDE MSACCESS driver uses DAO 3.0 or 3.5 (depending on the setting of
BDE
> > Administrator | Configuration | Drivers | Native | MSACCESS | DLL32).
DAO
> > 3.0/3.5 is part of MS Office 95/97 and needs to be installed separately.
> > Installing MS Office 2000 won't work !



> > > When I try to run a Delphi app which uses an MS Access database (or in
> > > fact try to access the DSN from BDE Administrator), the following
> > > error is raised:

> > > Error 13059
> > > General SQL Error
> > > -2147221164



Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:41:05 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ERROR 500 when trying to access the BDE in a CGI App

2. ttascii BDE Error - Cannot Access File

3. BDE error trying to use ACCESS

4. BDE error: 11272, Not Initialized for Accessing Network Files

5. BDE Delphi 2.0 Problem : Access to tables desactivated due to the previous error

6. HELP!!! General SQL Error with ACCESS and BDE

7. BDE error: 13059 (General SQL error)

8. SQL error or BDE error?

9. General SQL error.[ODBC Access Driver]Jet error -1003

10. Error DBE on server accessing ACCESS

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software