Delphi 2.0 -> 3.0 Master Detailed Relationships
Author Message
 Delphi 2.0 -> 3.0 Master Detailed Relationships

Hi I have a Master->Detailed relationship database that is several
relationships deep. as shown below....

              Master

              Detailed (Master)

                             Detailed ( Master)

                                             Detailed  etc...

Now this works fine under delphi 2.0 just link up all the tables in the
object inspector and away you go. The problem is when I take the exact
same code and try and compile it under Delphi 3.0 I get the error
Message "Circular Referances not allowed". I have been through the code
and removed all referentail integrities and all secondary indexs apart
for the ones needed to link the tables "Foreign Key" to it's "Masters
Local Key" yet I still get this error. Can anyone Help? Are you limited
to a Single Master -> Detailed relationship under Delphi 3.0?

                  Thanks

Michael Bushby

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Master / Detail Relationships with cached updates in Delphi 2.0

2. Different detail Index order within master-detail relationship

3. Master->Detail->Detail Query Too Slow

4. MASTER/DETAIL relationship

5. DBGrid master/detail relationship?

6. Error using master/detail relationship?

7. Master-detail Relationship

8. Master/Detail relationship problem

9. why wont this master/detail relationship work?

10. Master-Detail Relationship

11. Master-Detail Relationship problem

12. Q: Master-Detail relationship using DBase records