Record/key Deleted. A BDE Error
Author Message
 Record/key Deleted. A BDE Error

I am using D3 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.
I occasionally get a BDE Error - 8708 Record/key Deleted - when trying to
update records. Once a row is inflicted with this error it will not go away.
Even an unload/load does not make it go away. It appears both in delphi code
and Dbexplorer. It does NOT appear as a problem when using ISQL to
update/delete the rows.
It seems to be associated with a index as when I change to another index I
can once again update the inflicted row. Change back to the old index and
its back. If I delete and readd the index the error reappears.
This is driving me nuts!
Has anyone seen this, have a solution, suggestion...

Thanks

Bryan

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Record/key Deleted. A BDE Error
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:56:34 +1100, "Bryan Wilkins"

Quote:

>I am using D3 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.
>I occasionally get a BDE Error - 8708 Record/key Deleted - when trying to
>update records. Once a row is inflicted with this error it will not go away.
>Even an unload/load does not make it go away. It appears both in Delphi code
>and Dbexplorer. It does NOT appear as a problem when using ISQL to
>update/delete the rows.
>It seems to be associated with a index as when I change to another index I
>can once again update the inflicted row. Change back to the old index and
>its back. If I delete and readd the index the error reappears.
>This is driving me nuts!
>Has anyone seen this, have a solution, suggestion...

The problem is that BDE is trying to reposition on the datasource.
After you post the updates, BDE expects to find the updated record on
the db.  BDE will look for the record using the latest values known
(the ones the application posted).  If you have a "before update" or
"before insert" trigger that changes some values (typically an
autoincrement key field), then BDE will not be able to refetch the
record and will show the above error message.

If this is the case, the solution is to use the BeforePost event to
change the key field with the value the trigger is going to write
(this can be done executing a stored procedure).

Although I'm not sure, I expect that this error could also have
something to do with changing the value of one of the fields used by
the active index.  If the new value changes the record's position in
the dataset then BDE might want to reposition.  In this case you might
have to close and reopen the query and reposition manually on the
record.

Regards,

--
Marco Rocci
MicroEra srl

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Record/key Deleted. A BDE Error

Quote:
>I am using D3 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.
>I occasionally get a BDE Error - 8708 Record/key Deleted - when trying to
>update records. Once a row is inflicted with this error it will not go away.
>Even an unload/load does not make it go away. It appears both in Delphi code
>and Dbexplorer. It does NOT appear as a problem when using ISQL to
>update/delete the rows.
>It seems to be associated with a index as when I change to another index I
>can once again update the inflicted row. Change back to the old index and
>its back. If I delete and readd the index the error reappears.
>This is driving me nuts!
>Has anyone seen this, have a solution, suggestion...

I have and so far I haven't found a solution (I'm using Interbase 4.x). Somone
sent me an andress: http://www.interbase.dthomas.co.uk/ibfaqrecdel.htm
with some info about this problem. Thing is that I made my stored procedures
the way this website recommends. Still the problem has turned up.
I'd also be grateful for a solution for a solution as I once even got the
message on a TTable that wasn't actively using any index.

Quote:
>Thanks

>Bryan

My Reality is a Figment of my Imagiantion

     ---- Chris(Phase)

Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Record/Key Deleted" BDE Error

2. "Record/Key Deleted" BDE Error

3. BDE Error Record Key Deleted

4. Record/key delete Error???

5. record/key deleted error

6. MSSQL Record Key Deleted Error w/DBGrids

7. record/key deleted error: help

8. Help:Record/Key Deleted message and Error message Numbers

9. Record/Key Deleted Error - Urgent

10. Record/Key deleted error message

11. Record/Key Deleted Error

12. Interbase error "record/Key deleted"