Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95/Oracle ODBC/Delphi 2.0 Problems
Author Message
 Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95/Oracle ODBC/Delphi 2.0 Problems

I am running Windows 95 and I have installed Personal Oracle 7.2.2, Oracle
own ODBC drivers for SQL*Net 2.2, and delphi 2.0 Developer.  I configured
the ODBC drivers and they work with Oracle's ODBC Test Tool, Micorsoft
Query, and Microsoft Access 7.0a.  The drivers work with just about any
ODBC application I could get my hand on.  However, I can't get the drivers
to work with Delphi.  I get the following error: BDE Error # 13059 {$33} {
$3} [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out of range.

I have no clue what this error means.  I scanned all the Delphi help files
and I can't find the BDE Error # anywhere.

What is the trick?  I know I missed something but I have no idea what that
might be.  The only thing that I might suspect is that I need ODBC 2.0
drivers and damn Oracle only has ODBC 1.0 drivers.  I have VB4 which comes
with Oracle7 ODBC drivers, will these be any better.  Can someone who has
tried these drivers give me a hand.

Enzo Maini
Sr. Software Engineer
Lateral Thinking Software Systems
Trumbull, CT 06611

Sun, 09 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95/Oracle ODBC/Delphi 2.0 Problems

Quote:

> I am running Windows 95 and I have installed Personal Oracle 7.2.2, Oracle
> own ODBC drivers for SQL*Net 2.2, and Delphi 2.0 Developer.  I configured
> the ODBC drivers and they work with Oracle's ODBC Test Tool, Micorsoft
> Query, and Microsoft Access 7.0a.  The drivers work with just about any
> ODBC application I could get my hand on.  However, I can't get the drivers
> to work with Delphi.  I get the following error: BDE Error # 13059 {$33} {
> $3} [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out of range.

> I have no clue what this error means.  I scanned all the Delphi help files
> and I can't find the BDE Error # anywhere.

> What is the trick?  I know I missed something but I have no idea what that
> might be.  The only thing that I might suspect is that I need ODBC 2.0
> drivers and damn Oracle only has ODBC 1.0 drivers.  I have VB4 which comes
> with Oracle7 ODBC drivers, will these be any better.  Can someone who has
> tried these drivers give me a hand.

> Enzo Maini
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Lateral Thinking Software Systems
> Trumbull, CT 06611

This is a known problem.
You need to upgrade to the latest BDE v3.5 core DLLs.
Available from...
http://www.borland.com/techsupport/bde/files/bde35.zip

Conrad Venn
Technical Director
DataNet Research Limited

Sun, 09 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Personal Oracle 7.2 Win95/Oracle ODBC/Delphi 2.0 Problems

Thank you Conrad, that was the trick I was missing.  I installed BDE 3.5
and everything works great.  I wasted a call to both Oracle and Borland
about this problem.  Thanks.

Enzo Maini
Sr. Software Engineer
Lateral Thinking Software Systems
Trumbull, CT 06611

Quote:

> > I am running Windows 95 and I have installed Personal Oracle 7.2.2,
Oracle
> > own ODBC drivers for SQL*Net 2.2, and Delphi 2.0 Developer.  I
configured
> > the ODBC drivers and they work with Oracle's ODBC Test Tool, Micorsoft
> > Query, and Microsoft Access 7.0a.  The drivers work with just about any
> > ODBC application I could get my hand on.  However, I can't get the
drivers
> > to work with Delphi.  I get the following error: BDE Error # 13059
{$33} {
> > $3} [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out of range.

> > I have no clue what this error means.  I scanned all the Delphi help
files
> > and I can't find the BDE Error # anywhere.

> > What is the trick?  I know I missed something but I have no idea what
that
> > might be.  The only thing that I might suspect is that I need ODBC 2.0
> > drivers and damn Oracle only has ODBC 1.0 drivers.  I have VB4 which
comes
> > with Oracle7 ODBC drivers, will these be any better.  Can someone who
has
> > tried these drivers give me a hand.

> > Enzo Maini
> > Sr. Software Engineer
> > Lateral Thinking Software Systems
> > Trumbull, CT 06611

> This is a known problem.
> You need to upgrade to the latest BDE v3.5 core DLLs.
> Available from...
> http://www.borland.com/techsupport/bde/files/bde35.zip

> Conrad Venn
> Technical Director
> DataNet Research Limited

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Delphi 2.0 (win95) to Oracle 7.2(winnt) Error

2. Delphi access to Personal Oracle 7.2?

3. Personal Oracle 7.2 & Delphi 1.02 C/S

4. Delphi 2.0/Oracle 7.2

5. Delphi 2.0 C/S to ORACLE 7.2

6. Delphi 2.0 c/s + Oracle 7.2 NT - parameterized queries

7. How should I call Personal Oracle 7.2 stored procedure (or function)

8. Delphi32 and Personal Oracle 7.2

9. Connect Personal Oracle 7.3 , odbc, dephi 2 and Win95

10. Help with Problems between DELPHI 2 and ORACLE 7.2

11. Developer 2.0 and Peronal Oracle 7.2

12. Q : ODBC-driver for Oracle 7.2 and D2 (BDE 3.5)