Errors while inserting records
Author Message
 Errors while inserting records

Hi,
    I encounter this error msg when I am inserting new records into 2
tables with 1 form. The error message is "Cannot focus a disabled or
invinsible window". I am only able to update one table but not the
other. How can I remedy this? I have a field known as Date/Time (eg:
28/03/99 15:15:00), how can I update this field?? I tried StrToDate, and
I was told this is not a valid date field. Thanx!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Errors while inserting records

Quote:
>Hi,
>    I encounter this error msg when I am inserting new records into 2
>tables with 1 form. The error message is "Cannot focus a disabled or
>invinsible window". I am only able to update one table but not the
>other. How can I remedy this? I have a field known as Date/Time (eg:
>28/03/99 15:15:00), how can I update this field?? I tried StrToDate, and
>I was told this is not a valid date field. Thanx!!

Hi William,

Can you set a breakpoint where your code is giving you the error and step
through it (F8)?  That may give you a better idea what is causing the error.
In fact it might be more helpful if you posted your code that is causing the
error.   Also, what DB are you using?  A little more information about what you
are trying to do would be more useful to us here.

********************************
Michael Glatz

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable
application of high explosives.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Errors while inserting records
Hi William,

here a tricky one:
     if you Trunc the DateTime, then get you Date without time.
(normally use StrToDateTime)

Rudy
----------------------

Quote:

> Hi,
>     I encounter this error msg when I am inserting new records into 2
> tables with 1 form. The error message is "Cannot focus a disabled or
> invinsible window". I am only able to update one table but not the
> other. How can I remedy this? I have a field known as Date/Time (eg:
> 28/03/99 15:15:00), how can I update this field?? I tried StrToDate, and
> I was told this is not a valid date field. Thanx!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Duplicate Error on insert record

2. trapping key violation error when inserting new record using SQL

3. copying data from one record to the next when inserting a new record

4. Inserting new records

5. TQuery and editing inserted records

6. Q : SQL and INSERT and Multi-Records

7. Retrieve value of autoincrement field with inserted record

8. REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

9. Inserting records

10. Able to Insert, but not Add records

11. How to INSERT a RECORD using SQL??

12. On New Record - After Insert