INTERBASE ODBC driver ?
Author Message
 INTERBASE ODBC driver ?

Hello,

I'm using an application with an INTERBASE server installed on a distant
NT SERVER.
I've 2 way to connect to the server using the standard BDE INTERBASE
driver or the ODBC INTERBASE server. on th site TCP/IP is not well
installed so i have prefered using the NetBui protocol.

I could not find the way to describe the protocol to use in the BDE when
configuring the INTERBASE driver.

When using the ODBC driver i have problem when a try to get big blobs
arround 300kb.

Do someone have an idea about my pb.

In advance thinks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 INTERBASE ODBC driver ?
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:25:02 +0200, Gilbert SCHAFFER

Quote:

>Hello,

>I'm using an application with an INTERBASE server installed on a distant
>NT SERVER.
>I've 2 way to connect to the server using the standard BDE INTERBASE
>driver or the ODBC INTERBASE server. on th site TCP/IP is not well
>installed so i have prefered using the NetBui protocol.

I'd start by getting rid of NetBeui!

It's (to put it politely) a bucket of shit!

I actually met the Microsoft employee who wrote the protocol at a
conference in Australia.  He doesn't even recommend using it for
anything!

You will probably solve most of your problems by getting TCP/IP set up
properly on the NT Server.

Quote:
>I could not find the way to describe the protocol to use in the BDE when
>configuring the INTERBASE driver.

>When using the ODBC driver i have problem when a try to get big blobs
>arround 300kb.

>Do someone have an idea about my pb.

>In advance thinks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Interbase ODBC Driver that Works with ODBC Administrator v.3.0

2. 16-bit Local Interbase ODBC Driver?

3. Problems with InterBase ODBC-Drivers

4. Borland Interbase ODBC driver

5. Distributing 16bit Interbase ODBC drivers

6. Interbase ODBC driver available?

7. Interbase ODBC Driver Required

8. Interbase ODBC drivers for NT

9. Interbase ODBC driver

10. Interbase ODBC Driver data truncation

11. Interbase ODBC driver, local

12. WHERE IS MY INTERBASE ODBC DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!