HELP: Using Date in where clauses EDBEngineError
Author Message
 HELP: Using Date in where clauses EDBEngineError

Hi There,

Has anyone successfully used dates in a delphi TQuery.  I added the
following code snip-it to SQL property on a TQuery resulting in
EDBEngineError.

Select * from aTable where "Date" > 12345

Extra info:
 1: aTable is a Paradox 4.5 Database Table,
 2: Date is a valid field in the table,
 3: 12345 is a numberic value generated by
     FloatToStr(EncodeDate(year,month,day)) and I also tried
     DateToStr(EncodeDate(year,month,day))

Is this type of select possible?  How do I do it properly.  Thanx for
your time.

T.T.F.N.....Francis

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Using Date in where clauses EDBEngineError

Try

SELECT * FROM aTable WHERE aTable.'Date' > '01/01/96'

Matt Harward
FrontRunner Technologies

Quote:
> Has anyone successfully used dates in a Delphi TQuery.  I added the
> following code snip-it to SQL property on a TQuery resulting in
> EDBEngineError.

> Select * from aTable where "Date" > 12345

> Extra info:
>  1: aTable is a Paradox 4.5 Database Table,
>  2: Date is a valid field in the table,
>  3: 12345 is a numberic value generated by
>      FloatToStr(EncodeDate(year,month,day)) and I also tried
>      DateToStr(EncodeDate(year,month,day))

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with SQL Date functions with Paradox Tables in WHERE clause

2. Local SQL bug using OR in WHERE clauses

3. Can you someway edit Query result set which used order by clause

4. Using column id in where clause

5. Using b.c. Dates In Date fields

6. Using the Date value for assigning Today's date to a field

7. Help error with order clause !!

8. EDBEngineError -- has to do w/ FORMS -- HELP?!?!

9. EDBEngineError - Key Violation Help!!!

10. Help Working with EDBEngineError exception

11. Help: EDBEngineError

12. HELP with EDBEngineError