System variables in Interbase procedures/triggers
Author Message
 System variables in Interbase procedures/triggers

In Interbase, I have been able to find the following system
variables that I can use in a stored procedure/trigger:

    date    Current date
    time    Current time
    user    Current userid

Are there any others?  I have only found these through examples in
the manuals.  I could not find any page that says explicitly 'These
are the system variables that you may use in a stored procedure or
trigger'.  Does that page exist?

Rodger Zeisler
Everest Software Corporation

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 System variables in Interbase procedures/triggers

: In Interbase, I have been able to find the following system
: variables that I can use in a stored procedure/trigger:

:     date    Current date
:     time    Current time
:     user    Current userid

Historically, there have always been functions such as now, today, tomorrow,
yesterday and rdb$user_name that provided the above. Within SQL subject
to the vendors implementation you would use current_date, current_time,
current_timestamp and current_user. However, these are non-entry level
SQL92 features and most vendors only claim entry level SQL-92. Without
checking the manuals/online help you'll likely find that IB4 still
uses the former functions.

--
Nigel Campbell            Voice: (613) 738-1338 ext 3016   P.O. Box 9707,Stn.T
Business Intelligence       FAX: (613) 738-0002            3755 Riverside Dr.

http://www.cognos.com                                      CANADA

My comments are my personal opinion and are not the opinion of my employer or
anyone else.  I claim copyright in all my statements and give noone the right
to copy them (even if they are quoted elsewhere) in any medium except on
netnews or email. In particular, noone can reproduce or reprint my comments in
print or any visual medium without getting my explicit permission.

Thu, 21 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling front-end procedure from server SQL-trigger

2. Triggers & Stored Procedure

3. Stored Procedure & Trigger

4. Local Interbase Trigger Problem

5. Firing Interbase Generator/Trigger in D4 C/S

6. Interbase and Triggers

7. InterBase trigger -- identify user

8. Problem with values generated by Interbase triggers

9. Delphi on InterBase, Triggers, Queries

10. Interbase and number of triggers

11. Interbase Trigger for sequences, Delphi

12. Trigger: Interbase -> Oracle