Table level changed... what does this mean
Author Message
 Table level changed... what does this mean

I have been bugging the list relentlessly for some time now about my
problems with indexing. Briefly, I have a Clipper and a delphi app. that
need to access the same data. The tables if I'm correct are Dbase III+
format. I have at last discovered that one can create indexes using the
addindex method. However when I try to index a table with the following
code:

     academic_dbf_tbl.addindex('academic','surname',[ixUnique]);

I get an error 'table level changed'.

If I convert the file to a Dbase 5 format the code works and creates an mdx
file. I would be happy to work mdx indexes, bu t I need my files to stay in
the Dbase III+ format.

An help would be appreciated.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Table level changed... what does this mean
Your current version of the database doesn't support a unique index other
than the primary one.
(If you're trying to create a primary index, use ixPrimary.)

Magnus Jingryd

Quote:
>I have been bugging the list relentlessly for some time now about my
>problems with indexing. Briefly, I have a Clipper and a Delphi app. that
>need to access the same data. The tables if I'm correct are Dbase III+
>format. I have at last discovered that one can create indexes using the
>addindex method. However when I try to index a table with the following
>code:

>     academic_dbf_tbl.addindex('academic','surname',[ixUnique]);

>I get an error 'table level changed'.

>If I convert the file to a Dbase 5 format the code works and creates an mdx
>file. I would be happy to work mdx indexes, bu t I need my files to stay in
>the Dbase III+ format.

>An help would be appreciated.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Dbase Table Level Changed when adding single field index

2. "Table Level Changed" error

3. "Table level changed", huh??

4. Error Higher table level required

5. BDE: can't create tables if DBASE level 7

6. table level....

7. Error Message: "Higher Table Level Required"

8. How do I detect col-level security prior to opening table

9. Scanning Multi Level Master/Detail Tables and DisableControls (Problem)

10. Paradox table level

11. Creating Btrieve table with TITAN low-level

12. Table-Level