SQL: Problem with Umlaut (Special Char) using select * where field = "text"
Author Message
 SQL: Problem with Umlaut (Special Char) using select * where field = "text"

I am using the select Statement to get different Subset of a Database.
This Subset is for example every Dataset with a special Person.
(Complicated by using two Tables)

the Statement:

Quote:
> Select * from Buecher BUCH, Autoren AUT
> where AUT.InvNr = BUCH.InvNr and
> AUT.NachName = 'Fr?hlich' and
> AUT.Vorname = 'Werner'
> Order By BUCH.AutorText, BUCH.Titel

This Works fine as long as the Person has no
German Umlaut (?, ?, ) in its Name.
In this case the Result will be Empty!

Which conclusion exists?

Thank you very much,

Brian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SQL: Problem with Umlaut (Special Char) using select * where field = "text"
Wild guess: Check the language driver for the database
(?)
Hope this helps
DK
Quote:

>I am using the select Statement to get different Subset of a Database.
>This Subset is for example every Dataset with a special Person.
>(Complicated by using two Tables)

>the Statement:

>> Select * from Buecher BUCH, Autoren AUT
>> where AUT.InvNr = BUCH.InvNr and
>> AUT.NachName = 'Fr?hlich' and
>> AUT.Vorname = 'Werner'
>> Order By BUCH.AutorText, BUCH.Titel

>This Works fine as long as the Person has no
>German Umlaut (?, ?, ) in its Name.
>In this case the Result will be Empty!

>Which conclusion exists?

>Thank you very much,

>Brian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SQL: Problem with Umlaut (Special Char) using select * where field = "text"
An addition to the first Question (SQL-Statement with Special
Characters ?, ?, )

I don't think it is the Language driver, because this is correct and
the Problem exists only when using the named Subquery. If i simply ask

select * from buecher as BUCH where BUCH.name="Fr?hlich" then the
Datasets are selected correct.

Thank you for your Help

Brian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi-"Special" SQL statement needed

2. sql bases with special chars ???

3. "Invalid Char in Field" error

4. Problem with Datetime Field with SQL SELECT

5. Inserting text into a memo field using SQL.

6. Missing First Two Chars of SQL Memo and Missing SQL Fields

7. Newbee Q: Special BitBtn."down" component

8. Saving Rich Text to sql server Text Fields

9. Special chars in a filter.

10. TDBGrid: Selecting only one field to display using a TQuery

11. "SQL Query problems!!"

12. Signedness of "char"