REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table
Author Message
 REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

I'm trying to insert all the records of a paradox table into a
Interbase table, using batchmove or this SQL instruction

insert into ":IBDB:Movement" select * from ":PXTB:tempTbl.db"

but is very slow, there is a fast way to do this ?

thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:55:56 GMT
 REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table
This is slow, because all records are moved from the Paradox database to the
BDE and from the BDE to the Interbase database. You could increase the speed
if Paradox would be able to store records in an Interbase database or if
Interbase would be able to read Paradox records (thereby avoiding the BDE).
Unfortunately neither Paradox nor Interbase support this...

Quote:
> I'm trying to insert all the records of a paradox table into a
> Interbase table, using batchmove or this SQL instruction

> insert into ":IBDB:Movement" select * from ":PXTB:tempTbl.db"

> but is very slow, there is a fast way to do this ?

> thanks in advance

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:34:57 GMT
 REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table
Hi,

I have just done that but used hard code and tables... what happens with
batch move if the paradox field is of type Boolean or integer?

Regards

Dave

Quote:

> I'm trying to insert all the records of a paradox table into a
> Interbase table, using batchmove or this SQL instruction

> insert into ":IBDB:Movement" select * from ":PXTB:tempTbl.db"

> but is very slow, there is a fast way to do this ?

> thanks in advance

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:06:51 GMT

1. Interbase 1.0 error inserting more than 1650 tubles in tables using Windows 95

2. retreining the last inserted record from a table

3. Insert BLOB field in Interbase Table

4. How to insert records into indexed MS-SQL-Tables with Delphi C/S

5. Canceling: insert records in detail table ?

6. Problem when inserting records in the detail table (master/detail relation)

7. Detail Table Won't Insert New Record!?!?

8. dbase tables - inserting a record

9. dBASE tables - inserting a record

10. Inserting fields into existing Paradox-Table

11. paradox and interbase tables

12. Record Locking - Paradox tables ???