ODBC vs. native MS SQL driver
Author Message
 ODBC vs. native MS SQL driver

Hi

I wrote a Client in delphi 3.0 which work with a Mircosoft SQL Server
6.5. To connect me to the server I used a ODBC Driver. That work well.
The I try the native MS SQL driver. I got the connection and everything
looked very good. But every action ( select, insert, edit ) was much
slower. Shouldn't  the native work faster then the ODBC driver?

Maybe I use the wrong driver settings. Has anyone experience with the MS
SQL driver. Could anyone help me or give me a tip.

Thank a lot

Andreas

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ODBC vs. native MS SQL driver

Hi

Not necessarily. I found using Openlink ODBC driver ver 3 with ODBC Express
4 {BDE replacement} to be much faster on MSSQL, INFORMIX and ORACLE.

Play with the driver settings.  Control auto commit yourself.

Hannes

Quote:
> Hi

> I wrote a Client in Delphi 3.0 which work with a Mircosoft SQL Server
> 6.5. To connect me to the server I used a ODBC Driver. That work well.
> The I try the native MS SQL driver. I got the connection and everything
> looked very good. But every action ( select, insert, edit ) was much
> slower. Shouldn't  the native work faster then the ODBC driver?

> Maybe I use the wrong driver settings. Has anyone experience with the MS
> SQL driver. Could anyone help me or give me a tip.

> Thank a lot

> Andreas

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server 6.5: Native driver vs. ODBC

2. Delphi, 16bit Native SQL-Server 6.5 native/ ODBC drivers

3. ODBC vs. MS SQL driver

4. Delphi3 and MS Access query (ODBC Ok / Native Driver Error)

5. ODBC w/ODBCExpress vs. Native SQL /SQLLinks

6. native MS SQL driver very slow ???

7. MS SQL Server - ODBC vs SQL Links

8. MS Access Native driver!!!! Help please

9. MS-Access as a native driver ? Help please

10. Delphi 4 and Native MS Access driver

11. Need help accessing Access with either native or ODBC drivers

12. Native or ODBC drivers?