Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database
Author Message
 Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

Help!

I have developed a inventory management application which uses one master table and four
detail tables linked by the Inventory Reference field.  I used delphi 1.0 to connect to a
MS Access 2.0 database through the ODBC driver supplied in the Access 2.0 Service Pack.  I
use the DBNavigator component for record manipulation.

Interesting, I have the following problem:

After the application starts up, I can't delete any of the records in the detail tables.
I receive a "General SQL error".  The same error message is given when I try to
edit the record and post it.  However, I can edit and/or delete records after I have
inserted and posted a record in the detail table in the same session.

Does anyone know why and can explain?

Thanks again!

Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi 1.0 to MS Access 2.0 using Win3.11

2. Problems in using Delphi 1.0 with an access 2.0 database

3. Delphi 1.0, ODBC, MS Access 2.0

4. Problems using Delphi 1.0 with Access 2.0

5. Record number in Ms-Access 2.0 with Delphi 3c/s

6. Using explicit transactions in Delphi 2.0 and Ms Access

7. Using MS Access 2.0 db's via ODBC from Delphi v1.0 with transactions

8. Accessing MS-Access 2.0 DB using ODBC

9. Deleting records in master-detail database form

10. ODBC-driver for Delph1 1.0 and MS Access 2.0

11. Master/Detail form using tables with composite key in Delphi 1.0

12. Retrieving deleted records in Delphi 1.0