Pascal Extended Type
Author Message
 Pascal Extended Type

I'm looking for program  which mathematically convert Extended Type (Pascal)
to Double Type or any other acceptable by Visual Basic.
My program will be written in Visual Basic but any hints how to manage the
problem will help.
In Pascal as I know type Extended is stored as 10 Bytes and I need to
convert these to more convenient form, because in VB there is no Extended
type I need to make conversion function.

Tom

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:39:48 GMT
 Pascal Extended Type
Hi,

Try value typecasting. See Delphi help-file for more info.

Good luck,

Arie

Quote:

> I'm looking for program  which mathematically convert Extended Type (Pascal)
> to Double Type or any other acceptable by Visual Basic.
> My program will be written in Visual Basic but any hints how to manage the
> problem will help.
> In Pascal as I know type Extended is stored as 10 Bytes and I need to
> convert these to more convenient form, because in VB there is no Extended
> type I need to make conversion function.

> Tom

Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:29:10 GMT
 Pascal Extended Type

Quote:

>I'm looking for program  which mathematically convert Extended Type (Pascal)
>to Double Type or any other acceptable by Visual Basic.
>My program will be written in Visual Basic but any hints how to manage the
>problem will help.

You'd be better asking in a VB newsgroup.  All I can tell you is that
the Delphi extended type is the Intel 10 byte "temporary real".  If
you can include assembly code in your VB program, here's a conversion
function:

  fld tbyte ptr Source
  fstp qword ptr Dest

Duncan Murdoch

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:55:48 GMT
 Pascal Extended Type

Quote:

> I'm looking for program  which mathematically convert Extended Type
(Pascal)
> to Double Type or any other acceptable by Visual Basic.
> My program will be written in Visual Basic but any hints how to manage the
> problem will help.
> In Pascal as I know type Extended is stored as 10 Bytes and I need to
> convert these to more convenient form, because in VB there is no Extended
> type I need to make conversion function.

something like:

var
    d : double:
    e : extended;
begin
    d := e;    // should do, conversion is automatic possibly with precision
loss
end;

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 03:44:03 GMT

1. Pascal Extended Type

2. Pascal 10 byte extended data type?

3. (FPU) EXTENDED type read by C program

4. (newbie) textbook featuring extended pascal and object pascal

5. extend borland pascal to long filenames and use of win95/98/me/xp filedialogs

6. Extended Pascal and generalized assertions

7. Pascal 10 byte extended

8. Extended memory in Turbo Pascal 6: how?

9. Extended Memory in Pascal - xms.pas (0/1)

10. Extended Memory in Pascal

11. changing real type data to word type

12. Money field type same as Currency data type??