ODBC-connection to MS SQL 6.5
Author Message
 ODBC-connection to MS SQL 6.5

I have at the moment a program developed in delphi 3 (16-bit) with a
ODBC-connection to a MS SQL6.5-server.
To get the connection to work I have to create a connection in the Borland
Database Engine towards the SQL-server.
The program calls the Borland DB-engine(BDBE), who asks the SQL-server. I
think this solution sucks. And to many problems installing this database.

So is it possible in Delphi 5 to go directly towards the SQL-server or does
is it still need a stupid solution like this ?

And how much work is it to convert a 16-bit Delphi 3 to a 32-bit Delphi 5
(mostly Database-handling, and updating a gfx-screen)?

Markus F.

Change "nospam" to "telia"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ODBC-connection to MS SQL 6.5
No work involved that I can think of.

Quote:
> And how much work is it to convert a 16-bit Delphi 3 to a 32-bit Delphi 5
> (mostly Database-handling, and updating a gfx-screen)?

Delphi 3 is 32 bit just like v4 & 5.

Kevin.

Quote:
> I have at the moment a program developed in Delphi 3 (16-bit) with a
> ODBC-connection to a MS SQL6.5-server.
> To get the connection to work I have to create a connection in the Borland
> Database Engine towards the SQL-server.
> The program calls the Borland DB-engine(BDBE), who asks the SQL-server. I
> think this solution sucks. And to many problems installing this database.

> So is it possible in Delphi 5 to go directly towards the SQL-server or
does
> is it still need a stupid solution like this ?

> And how much work is it to convert a 16-bit Delphi 3 to a 32-bit Delphi 5
> (mostly Database-handling, and updating a gfx-screen)?

> Markus F.

> Change "nospam" to "telia"

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Connection in Use (MS SQL 6.5)

2. Notifying dropped connections to MS SQL 6.5

3. MS SQL Server 6.5 User Connections

4. Connection Between Delphi 2.0 C/S and MS SQL 6.5

5. Hang up when using D1 + ODBC + MS SQL Server 6.5

6. Image & MS SQL 6.5 + ODBC

7. MS SQL 6.5 ODBC/BDE - setting application name

8. ODBC (help) : bde 4.51, odbc 3.5, D3, Sql 6.5

9. Delphi 1.0 to SQL Server 6.5 - connections!

10. Oracle8i and SQL Server 6.5 connections in the same session

11. D3 C/S & SQL 6.5 Connections

12. Batchmove Session and connection to SQL Server 6.5