Index Out of Date? Oh.. No !!!!
Author Message
 Index Out of Date? Oh.. No !!!!

I have had this problem before, and solved it by using Database Desktop
to remove, and RECREATE all the Secondary Indexs..

What I can't understand is that after that, I immediately created, and
have updated a ZIP file in my Data directory which contains a copy of
all the database files including the indexs ...

So today when my system hung with that table active, I deleted all the
database files in the \data directory, and unzipped the zipfile and
re-ran the app.

I did not get the error message "Index Out of Date", but when editing a
record, I see it duplicating data from one field to another..

I used Database Desktop to delete and re-create the indices again, but
still got the same duplicating problem??

Now what ...???

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks ..

Rkr
--

          \|||/
          /'^'\

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Index Out of Date? Oh.. No !!!!

Quote:

> I did not get the error message "Index Out of Date", but when editing
> record, I see it duplicating data from one field to another..

> I used Database Desktop to delete and re-create the indices again, but

> still got the same duplicating problem??

> Now what ...???

  The problem is you are not closing your database when the application
terminates....  Make SURE you have Table1.Active := False for all
databases....  (This will prevent the error, and it ensures that your
application can close off and save all data, instead of just 'cutting it
off').

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

--
"We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is Futile."
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Index out of date, but no index

2. Index Error - Index out date

3. how to make multiple read outs - help

4. Table jumps outs edit mode newby

5. how do you make multiple read outs?

6. Paradox 'index out of date' message

7. Weird index out of date error