Form visualization
Author Message
 Form visualization

Every time I start my aplication I have to do some proccess with
databases (showing a progress bar). Why the form doesn't appear
completely until I have finished doing this proccess ?????

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Form visualization

Quote:

> Every time I start my aplication I have to do some proccess with
> databases (showing a progress bar). Why the form doesn't appear
> completely until I have finished doing this proccess ?????

Did you try so :
 MyForm.show;
 MyForm.update;

--
Vidmantas Matelis
http://www.netrover.com/~vidma

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Form visualization

Try an Application.ProcessMessages after the form is created or before the
DB stuff starts.
--
Kevin Herrmann
Enigma Medical Solutions, LLC

Quote:
> Every time I start my aplication I have to do some proccess with
> databases (showing a progress bar). Why the form doesn't appear
> completely until I have finished doing this proccess ?????

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Form visualization

Did you forget to call Application.ProcessMessages in your process?
-> Call Application.ProcessMessages to give time for drawing etc. to
Windows.

Or do you start your process in the Form.OnCreate event?
-> Use the OnActivate event and define a flag to ensure that the code is
only executed once.

Arsne von Wyss

Quote:
> Every time I start my aplication I have to do some proccess with
> databases (showing a progress bar). Why the form doesn't appear
> completely until I have finished doing this proccess ?????

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visualization of Sorting Methods

2. Searching components for visualization of measurement data

3. Searching components for visualization of measurement data

4. Database detail form <= master form

5. Holding Record Place From Form To Form

6. ** Can I close the prior form without close second form ?**

7. How can MDI child forms have child forms ?

8. Putting a form in a form without MDI

9. Keeping modeless dialog forms on top of calling form

10. Keeping data from form to form

11. Can I put a custom form object into another form?

12. * Placing Forms on top of Forms - MDI go Bye-Bye ! *